Windows 10: Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Discus and support Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mikey242, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Mikey242 Win User

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Hello,

I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7.

I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually selecting my previous computer from a list and clicking "Activate". It immediately failed saying "Unable to activate Windows". I then contacted Microsoft Netherlands and spoke to someone who suggested that I need to buy a new licence! After insisting that I already own a digital licence, he downloaded a product key viewer (nirsoft) and told me that the product key I had was all over the internet and insinuated that I had pirated it. I told him this was a placeholder key when you install Windows without entering a product key. He insisted there was nothing else he could do and that I would need to buy a new licence.

Can anyone shed some light here. Have I done something wrong? Do I really need to buy a new licence? Is there anyone I can speak to who can help?

Thanks

Mike

:)

Mikey242, Nov 4, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 4, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 installing progs

If your installation is activated on your system, it will probably activate again as windows 10 registers the activation with your motherboard.

Black.Raven, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

1. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard - Similar Threads - activate installing motherboard

2. I can't activate windows after installing it on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't activate windows after installing it on new motherboard: I swapped my motherboard and i can't activate windows because it's linked digitally to my microsoft account.I'm always getting error 0x8007232B and when i run troubleshoot i get another error ,,We can't activate your copy of windows,make sure you are connected to the internet...
  3. Windows activation error after installing new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation error after installing new motherboard: I recently installed a new motherboard in my desktop and now Windows says it needs to be reactivated. The troubleshooter was unable to fix the issue and re-entering the product key doesn't work either. The activation error code is 0xC004F211 and the error code that displays...
  4. trouble activating windows after installing new motherboard

trouble activating windows after installing new motherboard: i upgraded my motherboard and processor and windows asked to be activated, so i tried and i selected that i changed hardware, after that windows said that it was having trouble activating. i tried it a few more times and failed. i tried it a day later and still nothing. can't...
  5. Unable to activate windows 10 after being force to install a new motherboard

Unable to activate windows 10 after being force to install a new motherboard: Hi All, I have recently had to replace my motherboard after the bios became corrupt, this is a common problem with this board and was easily RMA'd. Having installed the replacement windows 10 now refuses to activate. simply stating that my product key "Doesn't work"....
  6. windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.: today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067....
  7. Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard

Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard: Hi I've tried to follow all the steps offered by Microsoft's help section but it doesn't seem to work for me. I bought a new Motherboard which I installed and now I can't activate my Windows 10 again. I updated to Win10 quite a while ago, from win7 or 8. I also have a...
  8. Windows Activation after new motherboard

Windows Activation after new motherboard: Recently upgraded my gaming rig with a new motherboard and CPU. All was good for about 5 hours of gaming and browsing, when all of a sudden, I got the "Activate Windows" message pinned in the bottom right of my screen. I tried to activate via "I've upgraded my pc components"...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Activation after New Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Activation after New Motherboard: my old motherboard died and I just replaced it. not I cant activate windows and it is not associated with my windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-after-new-motherboard/0ab7a027-21a8-4a2c-8e17-7707b39c057c"
  10. Windows 10 activation with new motherboard

Windows 10 activation with new motherboard: I've tried contacting Microsoft support by both chat (twice) and phone, and none of it was helpful. And so I'm posting the problem here. I have a laptop that was originally running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 last month via the free upgrade option, and things were...