Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys! Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by biggaman, Aug 13, 2020.

1. biggaman Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

Hey guys!

Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which already has windows 10 pre-installed and on my laptop I created an ISO file using the media creation tool and saved it on my laptop's desktop home-screen and later usedRufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive from the ISO file.

Now the problem I am facing is that the use if media creation tool did something I don't know what and now around 10GB of space has been used up on the native HDD of my laptop that is the C: drive and I am not able to find what exactly is the new file or folder that the MCT created or what data did it store on my C: drive so I am not able to free up that space. So please help me regarding how can I reclaim that wasted space I even ran the disk cleanup and chkdsk commands but nothing significant was achieved from that. [Please refer to the image attached to this post to see the list of directories/folders in my C: drive and please recommend whether what should I delete]

I even arranged all the folders in the C: drive in ascending order of date/time it was modified to see if I could find the files that were created recently after I used the MCT on my USB flash drive but the latest modified folder is the windows folder and I guess that is the main folder that stores all the operating system related data so I can't delete that. and while doing this I also noticed that there are folders in my C: drive that were modified/created months before I actually bought the laptop which I don't think is normal so please also help me with why these folders are showing such modification dates could it be a virus or malware, I don't think so because I am using McAffee antivirus [Please refer to the encircled list of folders given in the attached image to know how early the modification is dated]

P.S. I have bought my laptop on 2nd August 2020 so it's pretty new to be having folders dated so way back in time.

Thanking you in anticipation! Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool. 4ac10b42-53ce-4aba-ba88-ea4b04f67be2?upload=true.png

:)

biggaman, Aug 13, 2020

2. creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro.

I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media.

(step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

There were lots of different windows up till now.
    So I started screenshots now.
    Screenshot-

Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool. [​IMG]

It offers this now-

This seems to imply that installed programs will be lost-

Clicked Next--Got this-

Got this-Clicked Confirm-

Got this-

If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting.

David Bailey, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool. - Similar Threads - Upgrade Media Creation

2. Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise OS to Windows 10 Home and bought the new OS and downloaded the .exe file. I also downloaded the installation tool that Microsoft recommended but when I try upgrading my PC, I'm given the error "The language or edition of the...
  3. Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise OS to Windows 10 Home and bought the new OS and downloaded the .exe file. I also downloaded the installation tool that Microsoft recommended but when I try upgrading my PC, I'm given the error "The language or edition of the...
  4. Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  6. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  7. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  8. Media Creation Tool Windows 10

Media Creation Tool Windows 10: Hello--I asked this in another posting. When there is a good copy of version 1809, I will need to use one of the Library's wired internet systems to save the 1809 feature upgrade installation files to a USB Flash drive. Last March I saw the options for MCT, which had a...
  9. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool: How long does it take to check for updates on the Media Creation tool for Windows 10? I am upgrading from 7. This same computer has been having issues with Windows Update and Internet Explorer. Can someone please assist me with this? 56264