Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, this issue has been around for as long, as a Windows Taskbar can preview the contents of the running applications. Expected behavior: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeartOfGermany, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away

Hello,

this issue has been around for as long, as a Windows Taskbar can preview the contents of the running applications.

Expected behavior:

- Hovering over an icon will show the live preview of an opened application

- Moving the mouse away from the taskbar and the small live preview window results in the disappearing of the window preview

Actual behavior:

- Hovering over an icon will show the live preview of an opened application

- Moving the mouse away will not change anything. The latest preview stays active, till a random re-triggering of the preview with a new mouse over disables the preview again

- This is random and usually gets resolved with a reboot

What I desperately expect:

- Please fix this issue!

- Please do not tell me to reload the explorer exe or rebooting the PC, since this is not a fix

- Please fix it, since this error is literally at least 10 years old! Cannot remember

- I know, MS does not care for this, but I think there are millions of people getting annoyed with this bug there are reports in the web, but no actual fixes

:)

HeartOfGermany, Feb 7, 2021

2. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Can you hide the taskbar in windows 10?

I tried the steps to hide the taskbar and was able to move it from the bottom to the side, but it will not autohide. Any suggestions?

MARKBRUNER, Feb 7, 2021
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away

NdMk2o1o, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away - Similar Threads - Taskbar Window Preview

2. After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away: I upgraded to Windows 11 Home. My PC is a couple of years old but I got a message saying that it was eligible for a free upgrade.Windows seems to be working after the upgrade but my taskbar keeps hiding itself. I have to press the windows key to bring it up. I'd like it to...
  3. After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away: I upgraded to Windows 11 Home. My PC is a couple of years old but I got a message saying that it was eligible for a free upgrade.Windows seems to be working after the upgrade but my taskbar keeps hiding itself. I have to press the windows key to bring it up. I'd like it to...
  4. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  5. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  6. Automatically Hide Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Hide Taskbar: Hi I have a little issue with windows 11 I don't know if it's a bug, but when I automatically hide the taskbar, usually when I move my mouse over it shows the taskbar, actually, it works perfectly fine on my laptop, but I have an external screen, connected to my laptop, it...
  7. Automatically Hide Taskbar

Automatically Hide Taskbar: Hi I have a little issue with windows 11 I don't know if it's a bug, but when I automatically hide the taskbar, usually when I move my mouse over it shows the taskbar, actually, it works perfectly fine on my laptop, but I have an external screen, connected to my laptop, it...
  8. Cursor are moving automatically in Taskbar of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor are moving automatically in Taskbar of Windows 10.: Hi All,I am using Windows 10 Professional Operating System. The issue is that cursor are moving in the Task bar automatically and at that time ,I am not able to control the cursor.Suddenly, it is happening and i don't know what is the root cause of this issue.Looking forward...
  9. Windows close when mouse moves away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows close when mouse moves away: Every time my mouse sometimes moves away from a window it disappears and has to be bought back up by using alt+tab or the taskbar, sometimes when opening a new windows such as task manager will mean it is opens in the background and I have to use alt tab to get to it...
  10. Auto hiding of window programs when mouse cursor is moved away from then

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto hiding of window programs when mouse cursor is moved away from then: [ATTACH] I, a few weeks ago was going through windows features and was trying them out and I turned on this feature above. Now, I forgot which feature this comes under and its getting annoying when i want to open up a restored down window in front of a full screen window....