Windows 10: Windows 10 right click keeps spinning

Discus and support Windows 10 right click keeps spinning in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I right click on a file on my desktop the cursor spins and the right click menu never loads. The same thing happens when I'm in file explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RegardedGem, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Windows 10 right click keeps spinning

Whenever I right click on a file on my desktop the cursor spins and the right click menu never loads. The same thing happens when I'm in file explorer, when I right click on a file in file explorer the cursor spins and then the app stops responding,

:)

RegardedGem, Jun 2, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2024
  3. DVD drive keeps spinning in Windows 10

Hi Marie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly refer to the below given methods and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Hardware troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to outdated DVD/CD-ROM Driver, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if you are able to rund DVD

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “DVD/CD-ROM Drives”.
    • Right click on the drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps
    to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 2, 2024
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 right click keeps spinning

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 right click keeps spinning

1. Windows 10 right click keeps spinning - Similar Threads - right click keeps

2. Windows 10 right click keeps spinning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 right click keeps spinning: Whenever I right click on a file on my desktop the cursor spins and the right click menu never loads. The same thing happens when I'm in file explorer, when I right click on a file in file explorer the cursor spins and then the app stops responding,...
  3. Windows 10 right click keeps spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 right click keeps spinning: Whenever I right click on a file on my desktop the cursor spins and the right click menu never loads. The same thing happens when I'm in file explorer, when I right click on a file in file explorer the cursor spins and then the app stops responding,...
  4. Right click keeps popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click keeps popping: Right click menu keeps popping on windows 10 start menu, settings app and microsoft store. it's so frustrating Anyone can help me? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-keeps-popping/ee93b756-a9c4-4fa2-aa59-5da6e7043ed9
  5. Right click keeps popping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click keeps popping: Right click menu keeps popping on windows 10 start menu, settings app and microsoft store. it's so frustrating Anyone can help me? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-keeps-popping/ee93b756-a9c4-4fa2-aa59-5da6e7043ed9
  6. Right click keep on loading in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click keep on loading in windows 10: On Right clicking the mouse on the desktop of laptop the cursor moves to loading state for forever while the right click works fine on folder and files. And on right clicking the mouse on to the shortcuts on desktop or in taskbar works fine....
  7. Windows Explorer spins on Right-Click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer spins on Right-Click: Hello all, I've been encountering a problem on a number of machines with the following symptoms: Right-clicking a file in File Explorer/Desktop takes about 5 minutes for the context menu to open. Clicking Run As Administrator in the Start Menu is unresponsive. File...
  8. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  9. Mouse Keeps right clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Keeps right clicking: My logitech g402 mouse keeps right clicking and I cannot operate my computer. I tried plugging my old dell mouse to see if it was a problem with the logitech but I had the same issue. I have tried updateng windows to no avail, and am wondering what I should do next...
  10. My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop?

My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop?: I recently restore all the settings on my windows 10. Deleted all personal files and apps. Set to default. When the PC is set up. I usually like to right click the desktop and refresh it to make sure the PC is good to go. But after i restored my PC, and right click on the...