Windows 10: Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I could really use some advice on how to fix my computer. I custom built my PC in 2021 and I had no issues for several years, until about a 10-11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marissa Nicoll, Jun 29, 2024.

1. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

Hello,I could really use some advice on how to fix my computer. I custom built my PC in 2021 and I had no issues for several years, until about a 10-11 months ago. I will try to be as concise as possible because I have been through hours and hours of troubleshooting, forum reading, and videos trying to diagnose this issues. I believe this is due to a Windows update but I have reached my breaking point after about a combined 100 hours trying to figure this out. Here is everything I built my computer with to help make this more streamlineWindows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... :processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3

:)

Marissa Nicoll, Jun 29, 2024
  2. JohnJD Win User

Random shutdown and restarts, showing error on Event Viewer TPM-WMI

Hellp, please help, I Keep getting random shutdowns and then restart, yesterday I had 2 today there's been like 5 events already. I opened Event Viewer and I keep finding the same events related to TPM-WMI, it says event Id 1795 Please help me fix this, is getting really annoying, any suggestions? here are the attached screenshots showing the events I've been getting since yesterday that I decided to post here and report it. Thanks. I'm using Windows 10.
    Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... 401843d1702247314t-random-shutdown-restarts-showing-error-event-viewer-tpm-wmi-error1.jpg

Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... 401844d1702247340t-random-shutdown-restarts-showing-error-event-viewer-tpm-wmi-error5.jpg

Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... 401845d1702247340t-random-shutdown-restarts-showing-error-event-viewer-tpm-wmi-error4.jpg

Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... 401846d1702247340t-random-shutdown-restarts-showing-error-event-viewer-tpm-wmi-error3.jpg

Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... 401847d1702247340t-random-shutdown-restarts-showing-error-event-viewer-tpm-wmi-error2.jpg

JohnJD, Jun 29, 2024
  3. WMI High CPU Usage 22H2

Hi Jacob. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for WMI High CPU usage in Windows 11 and 10:

https://www.itechtics.com/wmi-provider-host-wmi...

https://10scopes.com/fix-wmi-provider-host-high...

https://www.technewstoday.com/wmi-provider-host...

https://www.howtogeek.com/332838/what-is-the-wm...

https://techloris.com/wmi-provider-host-high-cpu/

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Jun 29, 2024
  4. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI when playing Destiny 2.

Hello,

I have been having crashes when my pc is running destiny 2. It shows the TPM-WMI 1796 error. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Destiny 2. I am looking for another solution.

Thank you.

Extr3me Sl4yer, Jun 29, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

1. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and... - Similar Threads - Repeat Crashing WMI

2. Pc crashes with Event 1796 TPM-WMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes with Event 1796 TPM-WMI: It happend few month ago, firstly i saw a cpu overheat message on event viewer after crashing, so i replaced the thermal paste and clean my pc, it no longer crash on the few days later, but later it still crash ramdomlly when gaming, it rarely happenonce a week, but still...
  3. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...: Hello,I could really use some advice on how to fix my computer. I custom built my PC in 2021 and I had no issues for several years, until about a 10-11 months ago. I will try to be as concise as possible because I have been through hours and hours of troubleshooting, forum...
  4. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...: Hello,I could really use some advice on how to fix my computer. I custom built my PC in 2021 and I had no issues for several years, until about a 10-11 months ago. I will try to be as concise as possible because I have been through hours and hours of troubleshooting, forum...
  5. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

7. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

8. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...

10. Windows 10 - Repeat Crashing, WMI / DistrubutedCOM / TPM-WMI / DeviceSetupManager, and...