Windows 10: Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So far today, I have a mylio download & an armour crate app that gives me problems. Mylio download will not install without a windows file error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pran105336, Jul 5, 2024 at 8:37 AM.

1. Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly

So far today, I have a mylio download & an armour crate app that gives me problems. Mylio download will not install without a windows file error c:\users\User name\Downloads\Mylio_x64.msix File system error -2147219196 and Armour crate will not open. Mylio does not provide admin privleges to install it. Armour Crate I try to repair and reset it and still it does not open. I believe there are other programs that will give me problems. I do not want to upgrade to Windows 11 because I think these problems may still be there when I upgrade. Any suggestions?

:)

2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. Windows 10 Hanging Randomly

I'm getting a persistent hanging when playing games, that seems to occur randomly. The system will completely hang up and become unresponsive, and when it does this, more often than not it's accompanied by a loud, screeching static that is heard through the headphones or speakers (whatever audio device is plugged in.) Sometimes the audio just buzzes, and in some occasions, all connected USB devices like keyboard and mouse lose power all at once and do not get power when plugged back in. I've run through the bucket list of solutions I could think of, and none of them have alleviated these issues. I'm still not entirely sure if this is a software or hardware issue. If needed, I can post videos of what happens when my PC hangs. Thanks PC Specs:
    • Windows Version 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Build 19042.1645
    • Intel i7-5820k @ 3.50 Ghz
    • 1 TB Crucial SSD
    • 64 GB of RAM - CT Ballistix DDR-4
    • Nvidia RTX 3060
    • EVGA 1300 PSU

VladNeedsHelp, Jul 5, 2024 at 9:07 AM
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

Thema:

Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly

1. Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly - Similar Threads - programs hang crash

2. Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly: So far today, I have a mylio download & an armour crate app that gives me problems. Mylio download will not install without a windows file error c:\users\User name\Downloads\Mylio_x64.msix File system error -2147219196 and Armour crate will not open. Mylio does not provide...
  3. Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs hang & crash randomly: So far today, I have a mylio download & an armour crate app that gives me problems. Mylio download will not install without a windows file error c:\users\User name\Downloads\Mylio_x64.msix File system error -2147219196 and Armour crate will not open. Mylio does not provide...
  4. Programs/games frequently hang and crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs/games frequently hang and crash.: After running a game Destiny 2 for several hours, the program will freeze, though audio continues to play, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. Event Viewer simply states "The program stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  5. Programs/games frequently hang and crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs/games frequently hang and crash.: After running a game Destiny 2 for several hours, the program will freeze, though audio continues to play, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. Event Viewer simply states "The program stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  6. Programs crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs crashing randomly: I've had programs crashing randomly for a few days now, there doesn't seem to be a precise timing on it. Opera would give me the "crash" page and at time straight up close itself, discord can't even get past the login interface most of the time, and just randomly crashes if...
  7. Programs crashing randomly

Programs crashing randomly: I've had programs crashing randomly for a few days now, there doesn't seem to be a precise timing on it. Opera would give me the "crash" page and at time straight up close itself, discord can't even get past the login interface most of the time, and just randomly crashes if...
  8. Random Program Crashes

Random Program Crashes: Hello, my name is Alan ZengMy computer recently started having issues along the lines of this,Whenever I open a program say, League of Legends, the app opens then freezes, then crashes. At first, I thought it was just a League issue but then the same thing happened when I...
  9. Random Program Crashes

Random Program Crashes: Hello, my name is Alan ZengMy computer recently started having issues along the lines of this,Whenever I open a program say, League of Legends, the app opens then freezes, then crashes. At first, I thought it was just a League issue but then the same thing happened when I...
  10. Programs crashing randomly on Windows 10?

Programs crashing randomly on Windows 10?: For some reason, Programs such as Streamlabs OBS, Discord, and chrome keep crashing. It just recently started, and restarting my pc only helps for like 30 minutes. And sometimes with chrome, it will get a black box in the middle of it. And audio sometimes stops working, and I...