Windows 10: Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

Discus and support Windows 10 - Program Auto Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dustin Mclean1, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see it in the task bar but the computer stays on the start menu page. Any ideas greatly appreciated!Windows 10 HomeVersion 22H2OS Build 19045.3208

:)

Dustin Mclean1, Jul 16, 2023

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 16, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 16, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

1. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start - Similar Threads - Program Auto Start

2. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  3. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  4. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Start!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I upgraded my old secondary laptop from Windows 7 to 8.1. It is fine but Windows 8.1 and 10 are built-in fast startup. So my laptop automatically starts upon opening the lid without pressing power button. I did in Windows 7 when I hibernate anytime....
  5. Auto start programs on virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto start programs on virtual desktops?: I have a lot of different workflows and it is pretty tedious to setup the most common ones which always need to be ready, every time I reboot. Is there a way to have programs that auto start on boot to launch on those virtual desktops automatically? It is pretty annoying to...
  6. Windows 10 Auto Opening Programs

Windows 10 Auto Opening Programs: i'm using windows 10 and every time i restart my computer same sequence of programs open one after another. the next program won't open unless you close the first program. the sequance is netbeans 8.2 , chrome, heidisql, Dreamweaver, winrar, filmora9. I checked startup folder...
  7. Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs: As the title hints, since recent updates (could possibly have started just before 1909 but I'm not 100%), Windows keeps disabling auro-run of both Steam and Google Backup & Sync despite them being set to open on Windows start and have been doing so for a very long time...
  8. Strange program Auto start issue

Strange program Auto start issue: Two Unknown programs are auto started[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-program-auto-start-issue/895b1210-46e7-431b-a381-73561dc76bba
  9. auto start

auto start: how do I keep one note and driver finder from auto starting when I turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/auto-start/4bc573d3-c211-4131-a308-0bd165df878a
  10. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491