Windows 10: Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32

Discus and support Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 would not load on my windows tablet. Every time I tried turning it on, it said Windows needs to be repaired and said that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen Slade, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:47 PM.

1. Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32

Windows 10 would not load on my windows tablet. Every time I tried turning it on, it said Windows needs to be repaired and said that File:\WINDOWS\System32\driver\sdbus.sys is missing. I created a recovery USB on another PC and tried booting to the USB and doing a repair which was unsuccsesful on multiple attempts. I gave up on that and tried reinstalling windows with the recovery USB. When I select the partition to install Windows, it says "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS". I cannot proceed beyond this step. I f

:)

Stephen Slade, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:47 PM
  2. P0w3r3dUp Win User

Windows Disk FAT32 or NTFS

Want to reinstall my windows and dont know how to format it NTFS or FAT32 which one is better for OS, and what are the dffrences btwen them ? *Confused Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32 :confused:

3. what is the difference in fat32 and NTFS HDD formating???

NTFS is far superior when it comes to data safety, as when it comes to performance with large files. Just disconnect and connect a FAT32 USB drive a few times without using the remove button and then do the same to a NTFS drive. The FAT32 drive will be screwed while the NTFS drives requires a run of chkdsk at the most. I wouldn't safe anything I wish to keep on a FAT32 disk.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:57 PM
  4. Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32

Windows Disk FAT32 or NTFS

First, what OS are you pretending to reinstall? Please fill your specs in your User CP.

Dark_Webster, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:57 PM
Thema:

Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32

1. Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32 - Similar Threads - confused formatting required

2. Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32: Windows 10 would not load on my windows tablet. Every time I tried turning it on, it said Windows needs to be repaired and said that File:\WINDOWS\System32\driver\sdbus.sys is missing. I created a recovery USB on another PC and tried booting to the USB and doing a repair...
  3. Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is confused about what formatting is required NTFS vs FAT32: Windows 10 would not load on my windows tablet. Every time I tried turning it on, it said Windows needs to be repaired and said that File:\WINDOWS\System32\driver\sdbus.sys is missing. I created a recovery USB on another PC and tried booting to the USB and doing a repair...
  4. About NTFS and VHDx format files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    About NTFS and VHDx format files.: Do virtual Hard Disks provide real storage in TBs or they are just fake icons?I had have 2 VHDs of 2 TB each. But whenever I keep files in it, I observe that the storage of Local Disk C My original SSD is decreasing. What can I do to store data only in VHDs? Please Help!!!...
  5. USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32: Hello everyone I have been having this issue for about a day now, I'am trying to format my Kingston Traveler USB drive to NTFS, but in a few seconds windows will report that (Windows was unable to complete the formatting) What is this issue? Why can't I reformat it to NTFS?...
  6. Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?: Sirs, I have an old pc and Bios ( non UEFI) . i formatted NTFS the 8GB usb flash drive, then found the Recovery drive creator by opening Control Panel (Windows key + X) Open Recovery Click Create Recovery drive , flash usb drive inserted , box labeled "Back up...
  7. Compatibility FAT32 to NTFS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility FAT32 to NTFS: Question is a flash drive formatted in FAT32 upward compatible to Windows 10 NTFS. If not what are the symptoms of incompatibility.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-fat32-to-ntfs/bbb8d2e0-5c09-4397-b909-ad8611da7ac0
  8. NTFS or FAT32

NTFS or FAT32: Hello. I have a copy of bootable Windows 10 on my 8gb flashdrive. The ISO was probably 4.7gb or 4.8gb and was from the April Update. I decided to delete it and download the October Update to use as a copy. I used Rufus but since the update has 5gb+ of files, and Rufus...
  9. Is it safe to convert USB Drive format from FAT32 to NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to convert USB Drive format from FAT32 to NTFS: Is it safe to convert USB Drive format from FAT32 to NTFS. Hi tried to transfer a 4.33 GB File to USB Stick,14.5 GB Free Space, message popped up . File To Large - ....... Is Too Large For This For The Destination File System. will It still play ok on my built in Tv Media...
  10. Windows 10 System Partition Requirement UEFI - NTFS or FAT32

Windows 10 System Partition Requirement UEFI - NTFS or FAT32: I was reading about Bitlocker and noticed this: Because pre-startup authentication and system integrity verification must take place on a partition other than the encrypted operating system drive, BitLocker requires that your computer has at least two partitions:...