Windows 10: Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

Discus and support Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dhanushka Gayan, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone set to auto in the laptop. With wired network it is showing the correct time with auto time settings. We have not configured any NTP servers in Wifi network. This happens mostly with HP laptop.Really appreciate if someone can help me on this.Thank you,Gayan

:)

Dhanushka Gayan, Mar 2, 2023

2. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Mar 2, 2023
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Wrong time zone detected

Hi there

in the time on the taskbar -->date&time settings-->additional date,time -- then choose Internet time -- clock should then be set to a standard clock for your region when you logon to the Internet. The chances are you are selecting the wrong clock or your region is set incorrectly in the first place.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

1. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto - Similar Threads - incorrectly update zone

2. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network: My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem....
  3. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network: My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem....
  4. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto: Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone set to auto in the laptop. With wired network it is showing the correct time with auto time settings. We have not configured...
  6. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto: Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone set to auto in the laptop. With wired network it is showing the correct time with auto time settings. We have not configured...
  7. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch (Netherlands)". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US...
  8. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch Netherlands". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US &...
  9. auto time zone setting

auto time zone setting: automatic time zone adjustment not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-time-zone-setting/8870b85a-e037-4b9e-ae84-336a71a3fac3
  10. Auto Time Zone

Auto Time Zone: My auto time zone updater is disabled. How do I enable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-time-zone/730daa43-0e8f-4679-b759-26039f8c77f9