Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a windows update notification and let it do its thing. Upon restarting I noticed the startup was a little slower than usual, none of my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LDubby, May 29, 2023.

1. LDubby Win User

Windows 10 freezes after startup

I had a windows update notification and let it do its thing. Upon restarting I noticed the startup was a little slower than usual, none of my desktop apps were appearing and the taskbar was empty. After waiting for about 30 seconds my desktop apps appear then disappear followed by my desktop greying out. Once this happens once or twice, while its grey I get an error message that reads: "Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?"This cycle of continues until I shut down or restart my pc from the case.When I r

:)

LDubby, May 29, 2023
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 29, 2023
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 29, 2023
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes after startup - Similar Threads - freezes startup

2. window freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window freezing after startup: hello can you pls help me with the warning kernel-pnp 219 212. I think it's the problem but not sure. my pc starts up but then it just freezes randomly and then I have to turn it off from the power button cause nothing else works but now I somehow gotten to a point where I...
  3. window freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window freezing after startup: hello can you pls help me with the warning kernel-pnp 219 212. I think it's the problem but not sure. my pc starts up but then it just freezes randomly and then I have to turn it off from the power button cause nothing else works but now I somehow gotten to a point where I...
  4. window freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Freezing up after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing up after startup: My windows 11 is freezing up for reason after start up. It varies how long and what I’m doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-up-after-startup/b3d64af2-e173-4067-a6b1-cdd420e29ffc
  6. Freezing up after startup

Freezing up after startup: My windows 11 is freezing up for reason after start up. It varies how long and what I’m doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-up-after-startup/b3d64af2-e173-4067-a6b1-cdd420e29ffc
  7. Premiere Pro 2025 freezes on startup. Adobe support was not able to correct problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Premiere Pro 2025 freezes on startup. Adobe support was not able to correct problem....: Earlier versions of Premiere Pro open correctly. After initial install, version 2025 opened and ran correctly. On reboot and restart, it freezes on splash screen and never starts. Have to close splash screen with task master. Updated NVIDIA software to no avail. Adobe support...
  8. Premiere Pro 2025 freezes on startup. Adobe support was not able to correct problem....

Premiere Pro 2025 freezes on startup. Adobe support was not able to correct problem....: Earlier versions of Premiere Pro open correctly. After initial install, version 2025 opened and ran correctly. On reboot and restart, it freezes on splash screen and never starts. Have to close splash screen with task master. Updated NVIDIA software to no avail. Adobe support...
  9. Several bluescreens and freezing on startup and sometimes while using

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several bluescreens and freezing on startup and sometimes while using: I talked about this on a different thread, but nobody kept responding. I've been having trouble with bluescreens when starting up my computer, and more recently it will sometimes bluescreen while I'm using the computer. The most frequent bluescreen message is...
  10. Several bluescreens and freezing on startup and sometimes while using

Several bluescreens and freezing on startup and sometimes while using: I talked about this on a different thread, but nobody kept responding. I've been having trouble with bluescreens when starting up my computer, and more recently it will sometimes bluescreen while I'm using the computer. The most frequent bluescreen message is...