Windows 10: Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?

Discus and support Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using an SSD C drive where I had folders sitting inside Users -> Administrator -> Documents -> DCIM. I took out a subfolder with files from out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnaJose2024, Oct 5, 2024 at 12:42 PM.

1. Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?

I am using an SSD C drive where I had folders sitting inside Users -> Administrator -> Documents -> DCIM. I took out a subfolder with files from out of a main folder and 2 days later the subfolder and its contents are missing. This is the most ABSURDEST thing that can happen. I need these important memories back. Can you please help???

:)

AnnaJose2024, Oct 5, 2024 at 12:42 PM
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back? upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. dark2099 Win User

Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

Thema:

Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?

1. Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back? - Similar Threads - file folder file

2. Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?: I am using an SSD C drive where I had folders sitting inside Users -> Administrator -> Documents -> DCIM. I took out a subfolder with files from out of a main folder and 2 days later the subfolder and its contents are missing. This is the most ABSURDEST thing that can happen....
  3. Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 file folder and file contents disappeared, how can I get it back?: I am using an SSD C drive where I had folders sitting inside Users -> Administrator -> Documents -> DCIM. I took out a subfolder with files from out of a main folder and 2 days later the subfolder and its contents are missing. This is the most ABSURDEST thing that can happen....
  4. How can I move a bunch of files back to their folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move a bunch of files back to their folders?: I belive I may have accidentally pushed alot of files out of their respective folders, its a game file so if i can't get the files back where they need to be the games going to be pretty much useless. I kind of want to know if there's a way for me to go back to a save before...
  5. How do I get these folders/files back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get these folders/files back?: Recently I've accidently deleted some folders/files and am wondering if they're possible to recover. These being:Program FilesProgram Files x86ProgramDataRecoverySystem Volume Information UsersWindowsXboxGames.GamingRootapps.crxhiberfil.syspagefile.sysswapfile.sysThere were a...
  6. Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it...

Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it...: Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it happened?Yesterday when i was shutting down my PC all the folders and files were there. but now when i opened my PC and i am searching for the files and folders, I cannot find it. even i...
  7. Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it...: Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it happened?Yesterday when i was shutting down my PC all the folders and files were there. but now when i opened my PC and i am searching for the files and folders, I cannot find it. even i...
  8. Suddenly Disappeared Folders and files with name '2024'. how to get it back and why it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?: In file explorer where I see my Documents and folders, how do I get a view in which I can see not only a folder, but the folder contents? On a Mac, I forget what they called that view, but you could click on the folder, and see the contents in the column next to that....
  10. File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder

File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder: Trying to use File History both a timeline type versioning and also as a full backup. Set up new drive and turned File History on and it worked, but only partly. As one example, a folder on my computer has 61 items in folder. When I go to the backup folder on the new backup...