Windows 10: Windows 10 EFI partitions

Discus and support Windows 10 EFI partitions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; VinceS2 On Mar 20, 2022, VinceS2 updated the extremely helpful instructions he originally posted on August 22, 2020 re: EFI partitions that are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoisWirtz, Apr 19, 2022.

1. LoisWirtz Win User

Windows 10 EFI partitions

VinceS2 On Mar 20, 2022, VinceS2 updated the extremely helpful instructions he originally posted on August 22, 2020 re: EFI partitions that are not properly configured.My operating system crashed when a large Windows 10 Update Feb 2022 failed. My printer also stopped working. I have literally worked hours every day since, trying to resolve this problem. Finally, I found Vince's information and was able to select disk/volume, assign a new letter to an available FAT32 and boot the files successfully. I have not been able to complete the final install using the "Media Creation Tool" on my

:)

LoisWirtz, Apr 19, 2022
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partitions :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Apr 19, 2022
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Apr 19, 2022
  4. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

i have a dual boot (win 10 and android tablet) it only has a 32 gig system drive with a 16 gig partition for win 10..

the 16 gig is not enough for windows updates.. i dont need or use android so i have deleted all the android partitions.. so far so good i have another 10 gigs of space on the system drive..

i created a new volume which shows up as drive D.. my idea was to merge the two partitions giving me more C drive space for win 10 so as to enable enough upgrade space..

the pic below should show my problem.. i cant merge the two partitions because there is a system EFI file in between them.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partitions :)

does anyone know how to move the EFI partition.. cos as yet i dont.. he he

Windows 10 EFI partitions move-efi.jpg

google shows me other people wanting to do the same thing but no answers.. or at least none i can make much sense of.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partitions :)

its a teclast x89 tablet..

trog

trog100, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 EFI partitions - Similar Threads - EFI partitions

2. Windows 11 Boot EFI partition replacement / recreation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Boot EFI partition replacement / recreation: TLDR; I want to recreate the EFI partition on a different disk.SATA-SSD Disk 0 -- Which is supposed to be a dedicated LINUX and Games windows.NVME Disk 2 -- Supposed to be Windows and Data.I had Linux already running off Disk 0. I re-formatted and deleted the NVME Disk 2...
  3. Windows 11 Boot EFI partition replacement / recreation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot EFI partition replacement / recreation: TLDR; I want to recreate the EFI partition on a different disk.SATA-SSD Disk 0 -- Which is supposed to be a dedicated LINUX and Games windows.NVME Disk 2 -- Supposed to be Windows and Data.I had Linux already running off Disk 0. I re-formatted and deleted the NVME Disk 2...
  4. I am stuck in EFI System Partition at 266MB. I have 57GB and have only used 13GB. Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck in EFI System Partition at 266MB. I have 57GB and have only used 13GB. Windows 11.: I am stuck in EFI partition at 266MB. I have 57GB and have only used 13GB. Windows 11.I've tried a few 3rd party disk management programs with no luck. unable to use the 57GB partition....
  5. I am stuck in EFI System Partition at 266MB. I have 57GB and have only used 13GB. Windows 11.

I am stuck in EFI System Partition at 266MB. I have 57GB and have only used 13GB. Windows 11.: I am stuck in EFI partition at 266MB. I have 57GB and have only used 13GB. Windows 11.I've tried a few 3rd party disk management programs with no luck. unable to use the 57GB partition....
  6. MBR2GPT : Windows Now Has Both EFI and C: Acting As System Partition

MBR2GPT : Windows Now Has Both EFI and C: Acting As System Partition: Following running MBR2GPT to convert from legacy to UEFI boot, I got the error "REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data." Following further investigation I found that Windows seems to have retained the legacy bootloader and added the UEFI bootloader. As such,...
  7. MBR2GPT : Windows Now Has Both EFI and C: Acting As System Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT : Windows Now Has Both EFI and C: Acting As System Partition: Following running MBR2GPT to convert from legacy to UEFI boot, I got the error "REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data." Following further investigation I found that Windows seems to have retained the legacy bootloader and added the UEFI bootloader. As such,...
  8. MBR2GPT : Windows Now Has Both EFI and C: Acting As System Partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. EFI Partition got corrupted

EFI Partition got corrupted: I'm running Win 10 x64 Professional with the following drives:1. SSD2. HDDThe Windows and all programs are installed on Drive 1. But the EFI system partition and Microsoft reserved partition are on Drive 2.I had done a clean installation of Win 10 on Drive 1 two years ago,...
  10. EFI Partition got corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI Partition got corrupted: I'm running Win 10 x64 Professional with the following drives:1. SSD2. HDDThe Windows and all programs are installed on Drive 1. But the EFI system partition and Microsoft reserved partition are on Drive 2.I had done a clean installation of Win 10 on Drive 1 two years ago,...