Windows 10: Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

Discus and support Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dell xps 9550 and recently experienced crackling audio on my speakers with no clear reason why. I have read the other discussion on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edit02JM, May 8, 2022.

1. edit02JM Win User

Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

Hi, I have a dell xps 9550 and recently experienced crackling audio on my speakers with no clear reason why. I have read the other discussion on the topic of crackling audio on windows 10 however it has not helped me. The audio is crackling/distorted when played through loud speaker, however seems to work fine when played through headphones. Headphones is not an issue. Here are the possible solutions which I have tried but did not work:1. I tried different drivers REALTEK, High Definition Audio , but High Definition Audio is the one which gives the best results.2. I tried different formats,

:)

edit02JM, May 8, 2022

2. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, May 8, 2022
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 8, 2022
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, May 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones - Similar Threads - Crackling Audio Speakers

2. Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones: Hi, I have read the other discussion on the topic of crackling audio on windows 10 however it has not helped me. The audio is crackling/distorted when played through loud speaker, however seems to work fine when played through headphones. Headphones is not an issue. Here are...
  3. Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones: Hi, I have read the other discussion on the topic of crackling audio on windows 10 however it has not helped me. The audio is crackling/distorted when played through loud speaker, however seems to work fine when played through headphones. Headphones is not an issue. Here are...
  4. Windows 10 Audio Crackling USB Wireless Headphones

Windows 10 Audio Crackling USB Wireless Headphones: After testing so many things, including a fresh install of the latest 21H1 Windows 10 and a new motherboard, I am starting to think something is wrong with the way Windows processes the audio through USB. Even in LatencyMon my latency is amazing. Just out of no where recently...
  5. Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.

Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.: Good evening, I have a problem in my new Dell G7 7700, I have updated my drivers and the Bios even and reinstalled Windows 10. The problem persists I do not know what it is really about I am attaching the google drive link of the video just when the problem appears....
  6. Audio crackling through speakers

Audio crackling through speakers: Hey guys I’m having an issue with my audio from my PC. There is crackling on and off that’s very subtle, but none the less very annoying. I’ve tried all sorts of things recommended online but can’t figure it out. It's specifically my computer, I tried 2 other devices that...
  7. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  8. Ongoing audio issues with crackling headphones

Ongoing audio issues with crackling headphones: The issue is headphones not working with my PC. I first bought a stereo headset which used the 3.5mm audio jacks with two different inputs. The sound worked fine, However the microphone didn't. The microphone was crackling in calls. At first I thought it was the headset and...
  9. Windows 10 - Audio/speakers suffer loud crackling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Audio/speakers suffer loud crackling.: Since my PC's last update 'Windows 10 ver 1809 (OS build 17763. 134) - 27th Nov 2018' , my wall speakers connected via amp, have started crackling very loudly. After the latest and biggest update Ive seen in a while, when ever I open images- use the Start button, working in...
  10. Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones)

Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones): Hello all, I don't usually post in these forums, but the problem I have is driving me absolutely crazy, and I don't have the luxury to drop off my laptop at a repair place for 1+ week. The problem is basically what I said in the title. I'm using an Asus Q525, Windows 10,...