Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi there Anybody tested out TOUCH facilities yet compared with previous build. (Was busy last night or I'd do this myself - but I'm curious to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 20, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

Hi there

Anybody tested out TOUCH facilities yet compared with previous build.

(Was busy last night or I'd do this myself - but I'm curious to see if anybody's got results so far).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 21, 2014
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Much like the 8.1 internal upgrade, there is no sign of an ESD folder, however, I extracted 'Install.esd' file from 'Recovery' and converted it to an ISO then created bootable media. A bit of a process but in the end, makes for a quick clean install of build 9860.
    Works fine.

Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available [​IMG]
    Hi there

Did it actually DO a clean install (on an Empty HDD / SSD ) or did it look for a "Previous version" of Windows on the HDD even if it didn't use it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 21, 2014
  3. Apparently you can't update if you installed in a VHD. Guess I'll have to reinstall in a regular partition if I want the new build.

cyberrufus, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

I thought there were supposed to be something like 7,000 changes. Can anyone tell me what is different?

Trust_No1, Oct 21, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Installed clean.

Edwin, Oct 21, 2014
  6. What happens if you miss a version
    If I forget to boot into 10 and download 9860 version, what happens when the net release comes along

will that just be a combined update 9860 + changes in the later version

paulsalter, Oct 21, 2014
  7. davehc Win User
    Hey , Edwin. So you installed as another (triple ) boot, or what. I just went ahead with the defaults and it overwrote the earlier entry. Nothing that states the build number.

davehc, Oct 21, 2014
  8. Boozad Win User

10 minutes or so to download, installing now.

Boozad, Oct 21, 2014
  9. CountMike New Member
    Just finished downloading and installing this update and it promptly broke few things. Like an amateur I didn't disconnect 8.1 boot SSD while doing it ( I dual boot 10TP from another drive) and it obviously did something to SSD because I lost Boot Menu setup from it, 10 TP became default. After it successfully boot "New" 10TP I had to use EasyBCD on it again to restore boot menu and order. Didn't try yet to boot up from that secondary HDD thru BIOS to see what's happening.
    Another thing broke are some drivers. AMD 14.4 driver for GPU was replaced by MS driver v14.1 which is unsatisfactory. I reinstalled 14.4 but Command center doesn't work. Driver for TV card was also replaced by wrong one.
    I was kinda hoping for DirectX 12 but nothing yet.
    Update:
    Realtec sound drivers were also replaced bu MS version.

CountMike, Oct 21, 2014
  10. That's a good question.

lehnerus2000, Oct 21, 2014
  11. CountMike New Member
    That's a good question. Nice thing they should do is to make new downloads of TP with new stuff incorporated. Then, if somebody missed one set of updates could just do system Refresh with everything in it.

CountMike, Oct 21, 2014
  12. Mooly Win User
    Mine seems to be upgrading automatically. I left it on and noticed "maintenance" was in progress on the taskbar. Still going after 30 minutes... its just now launched into a restart and is showing a percentage "setup" figure.

I'll leave it to it. Seems very slow. Hope its not going to cause the problem driver issue that made installing W10 into a 2 hour marathon.

Mooly, Oct 21, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

I am also dual booting 2 SSDs. I built the boot selector menu with Macrium bootable USB. The boot menu is still there except that the Win 10 new build set itself as the default OS. But it was an easy fix. I just went to "msconfig" and switch the default OS back to Win 7 under boot tab. It now boots back to the boot selector on Win 7 boot manager.

badrobot, Oct 21, 2014
  14. badrobot Win User
    That's a good question. Nice thing they should do is to make new downloads of TP with new stuff incorporated. Then, if somebody missed one set of updates could just do system Refresh with everything in it.
    They will probably replace the ISO download with a new build. Otherwise it will be very confusing for the new Win 10 TP testers.

badrobot, Oct 21, 2014
  15. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Oct 21, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available - Similar Threads - Build 9860 Available

2. Windows 10 Build 18922 is now available with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18922 is now available with improvements: Windows 10 Build 18922 is rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring with improvements and general bug fixes. The only big change in Windows 10 Build 18922 is the revamped language settings page that allows you to quickly preview your current language configurations....
  3. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  4. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860: If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download. Download:...
  5. Build 9860 ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...
  6. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860: With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option. The information comes from Gabriel...
  7. Windows 10 SDK Build 17134.12 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Build 17134.12 now available: Nar. *Tongue [img]
  8. Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, today we are releasing a new build to both the Fast and Slow rings. We’re just about two weeks away from beginning to offer Windows 10 to the world, as Terry detailed here. Over the past few days we’ve been...
  9. Windows 10 Build 9879 iso now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 iso now available: Download Windows Technical Preview November Update - Microsoft Windows here be good to do clean install *Smile*Smile 3053
  10. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860: Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new version of Windows 10 build 9860. This updated build has a lot of new features over 9841, many of which were not announced when the download went live. Of those who downloaded the build, 41% installed it on their desktop, 32% on...