Windows 10: Windows 10 backup mystery

Discus and support Windows 10 backup mystery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife and I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are, except for the monitors & graphic cards identical. I run Windows backup on our computers weekly. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LongOfTooth, May 4, 2022.

1. Windows 10 backup mystery

My wife and I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are, except for the monitors & graphic cards identical. I run Windows backup on our computers weekly. On my computer each backup creates another backup file. On my wife's computer there's just one backup file and it's huge. Any ideas as to why the differences? TIA

:)

LongOfTooth, May 4, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2022
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 4, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 backup mystery

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 backup mystery

1. Windows 10 backup mystery - Similar Threads - backup mystery

2. How do I restore a whole folder using the backup and restore option in the control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore a whole folder using the backup and restore option in the control panel?: So I wanted to merge my D and E drives into one drive so I backed up the E drive and then deleted the volume so it was all unallocated and then added that unallocated space into my D drive and before doing that I backed up my E drive but now whenever I try to restore the...
  3. How do I restore a whole folder using the backup and restore option in the control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore a whole folder using the backup and restore option in the control panel?: So I wanted to merge my D and E drives into one drive so I backed up the E drive and then deleted the volume so it was all unallocated and then added that unallocated space into my D drive and before doing that I backed up my E drive but now whenever I try to restore the...
  4. Microsoft Authenticator Backup

Microsoft Authenticator Backup: Microsoft Authenticator says this about what is backed-up:"You can back up multiple accounts, but only one of each type for example, a Microsoft personal account, a work or school account, and a non-Microsoft account such as Amazon or Google."Does this mean that, say, if I...
  5. Microsoft Authenticator Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator Backup: Microsoft Authenticator says this about what is backed-up:"You can back up multiple accounts, but only one of each type for example, a Microsoft personal account, a work or school account, and a non-Microsoft account such as Amazon or Google."Does this mean that, say, if I...
  6. How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?

How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?: I noticed this has been posted a few times, unfortunately the responses were poor. How do I find a restore from an automatic windows cloud backup. I tried installing windows 11 on a new pc but the system was unstable but during the process I was a bale to choose a restore...
  7. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

Mysterious "Backup Set" folder: Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both functions created their familiar folders "File History" and "WindowsImageBackup", respectively, and contain the expected...
  8. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious "Backup Set" folder: Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both functions created their familiar folders "File History" and "WindowsImageBackup", respectively, and contain the expected...
  9. Windows 10 backup mystery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 backup mystery: My wife and I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are, except for the monitors & graphic cards identical. I run Windows backup on our computers weekly. On my computer each backup creates another backup file. On my wife's computer there's just one backup file and it's huge. Any...
  10. Windows 10 backup mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 backup mystery: My wife and I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are, except for the monitors & graphic cards identical. I run Windows backup on our computers weekly. On my computer each backup creates another backup file. On my wife's computer there's just one backup file and it's huge. Any...