Windows 10: Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...

Discus and support Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm in a dilemma here. I typed in the wrong laptops Pin while being on a phone and now that sign in option for my local account in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elena KW, Sep 29, 2024 at 9:27 AM.

1. Elena KW Win User

Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...

Hi everyone, I'm in a dilemma here. I typed in the wrong laptops Pin while being on a phone and now that sign in option for my local account in Windows 10 is not possible because it is blocked for "2 hours" and I should try again then. Of course the computer did not reset after 2 hours and now I´ve been blocked out for 2 weeks. I forgot the password and even the password reminder did not give me the correct answer. And windows does not give me the option password forgotten. I tried different methods with the cmd.exe function and was able to add a new user so I´m at least able to use the comput

:)

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

3. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

4. Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...

forgotten administrator password

I have a Microsoft account and can sign into that ok but I have forgotten my computers administrator password and pin. How can I reset these?

AimeeBertram, Sep 29, 2024 at 9:38 AM
Thema:

Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...

1. Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for... - Similar Threads - Administrator password forgotten

2. Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...: Hi everyone, I'm in a dilemma here. I typed in the wrong laptops Pin while being on a phone and now that sign in option for my local account in Windows 10 is not possible because it is blocked for "2 hours" and I should try again then. Of course the computer did not reset...
  3. Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Administrator password forgotten, Pin was typed in wrong and is now blocked for...: Hi everyone, I'm in a dilemma here. I typed in the wrong laptops Pin while being on a phone and now that sign in option for my local account in Windows 10 is not possible because it is blocked for "2 hours" and I should try again then. Of course the computer did not reset...
  4. Forgotten Administrator password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten Administrator password!: I have forgotten my Administrator password on my Microsoft 10 computer. I've tried all my previous passwords, but they are not right. I remember part of the new password that I changed, but since I don't know the rest, am not able to get in.On reading some suggestions on...
  5. Forgotten Administrator password!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Administrator password!: I have forgotten my Administrator password on my Microsoft 10 computer. I've tried all my previous passwords, but they are not right. I remember part of the new password that I changed, but since I don't know the rest, am not able to get in.On reading some suggestions on...
  6. Forgotten Administrator password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Administrator Password not working or forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Administrator Password not working or forgotten: I am not able use command prompt, it says incorrect password but i am using correct password of Microsoft Account. To verify i login the same account in phone and it works. Please provide suitable option ASAP https://ibb.co/SmxSqwx...
  8. forgotten administrator password

forgotten administrator password: I have a Microsoft account and can sign into that ok but I have forgotten my computers administrator password and pin. How can I reset these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-administrator-password/dc8148c5-e817-477d-bb01-ebd1ef84f13a
  9. Forgotten password--not the administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password--not the administrator account: I am the administrator. I set up an account for my wife. She forgot her password and can't answer the security questions and does not have a password reset disk. (I am signed in.) Windows Pro 1903 What can I do to get her back on line? 153071
  10. administrator password forgotten on notebook

administrator password forgotten on notebook: need to either delete or reset notebook password bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password-forgotten-on-notebook/40a0f583-8ac3-4620-8592-bc4cc545d227"