Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john jay hense, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use that but it gave me an error:0x803fa067 or 0xC004F050I the only thing it suggests is to buy a new key or try again.but Windows Upgrades are normal things I've done before, after searching the internet i found many contredicting explainations, even within the same forum.Some said OEM's cant upgrade, while others siad they

:)

john jay hense, Oct 11, 2023
  2. jsalpha2 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Oct 11, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 11, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Oct 11, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

1. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key - Similar Threads - Activation OEM Key

2. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  3. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  4. Can I use a Windows 7 OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Windows 7 OEM key to activate Windows 11?: Ok so I'll get a non-OEM prebuilt PC tomorrow, I already made a USB to install Windows 11. I contacted the seller and told me it had non-activated Windows 10. I also have a old Acer laptop laying around there. Can I use the Windows 7 OEM key to install Windows 11?...
  5. OEM key activation on Windows 10 machines

OEM key activation on Windows 10 machines: Hi ! I am to buy a Windows 10 license, but I am not sure if I should buy the retail OEM key or not. Because Microsoft stated OEM keys are non-transferrable; but I am more concerned when I have to changed my motherboard. My PC is currently 8 years old, and if the motherboard...
  6. OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation

OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation: Dear Community, I have a Lenovo computer with a OEM Windows 7. I recently formatted the hard drive and install WINDOWS 10. The OEM activation key automatically validate the newly installed version. Can someone tell me if this is a valid method to upgrade? Thanks for your...
  7. Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?: Im building a new pc and I have an old laptop with windows 7 oem licence. As far as I know it’s still possible to upgrade from 7 to 10 for free but is it possible to use the laptops activation key to activate windows on the new pc? If not, is there some other way to utilize...
  8. Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM?

Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM?: I want to completely format my old PC and reinstall Windows. According to ShowKey Plus it has Windows 7 OEM key in firmware, does this mean that when I reinstall Windows 10 it will automatically activate using this key, if not is there any way to activate this without buying...
  9. Windows 10 OEM Key activation later?

Windows 10 OEM Key activation later?: Hi all! I would like to ask you about Windows 10 OEM key. Is it possible to buy this key online and use it only after 3 or 4 months later? Hopefully noone will cancel it if i don't use it imediately. Thank you for your answer! Andris...
  10. Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost: I am presently on Windows 7 Home premium. I lost the OEM Windows Disc provided with the laptop. Windows 10 Pro downloading in progress. Now I do have original windows 7 pro key which I have downloaded earlier from Dreamspark account. Will that key be sufficient to activate...