Windows 10: Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor

Discus and support Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Two days ago February 24, 2023, I updated my HP laptop before shutting down. After this, my PC fails to recognize my external monitor Samsung Smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Charlotte Vav, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor

Two days ago February 24, 2023, I updated my HP laptop before shutting down. After this, my PC fails to recognize my external monitor Samsung Smart Monitor M7 connected via either USB-C port. There are no driver updates left to do and a subsequent upgrade to Windows 11 did not fix the problem.This is not a hardware problem, same setup works fine for a HP machine running Linux. My PC also can charge via the same USB ports and I can transfer data from my phone. I can also wireless connect to the monitor, but this solution is unsatisfactory as a long term solution as I sit many hours behind

:)

Charlotte Vav, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use ThinkVision M14 monitor on your computer. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • What is the make and model of the computer that you are using?

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the monitor with a different computer, I suspect it could be an issue with the drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to check for hidden drivers on the computer and try to update them. Refer the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select
      Show hidden devices
    3. Expand Monitors and check if there is any
      hidden device.
    4. If there is any hidden device, right click on it and select
      Update Driver.

You can also install
    ThinkVision M14 Monitor Driver
    and see if that makes any difference.

Since you are using a USB-C adapter, I suggest you to refer the article on

Fix USB-C problems

You may also try updating the Chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and then check if the Monitor is detected.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 26, 2023
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 26, 2023
  4. Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor

External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

Same issue for me too. External monitor via USB C port was working till windows 11 Beta and windows 10.. but with full version external monitor connected via USB C port is not getting detected.

With HDMI it is still working fine.. Basically I am not able connect two external monitors now .. as my laptop has only 1 HDMI port..

GurvinderSethi, Feb 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor

1. Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor - Similar Threads - updates Failure detect

2. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...
  3. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...
  4. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  5. USB-C not detecting monitor.

USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  6. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  7. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  8. Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor

Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor: Two days ago February 24, 2023, I updated my HP laptop before shutting down. After this, my PC fails to recognize my external monitor Samsung Smart Monitor M7 connected via either USB-C port. There are no driver updates left to do and a subsequent upgrade to Windows 11 did...
  9. Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors: On April 14th, I updated my Windows 11 PCs Surface Pro 7 and Surface Book 3 to build KB5012592. Since that time, I have tried two different Surface Dock 2s and neither, with either PC, recognizes my monitors via the USB-C ports. Finally, I switched back to the Surface Dock...
  10. Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors

Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors: On April 14th, I updated my Windows 11 PCs Surface Pro 7 and Surface Book 3 to build KB5012592. Since that time, I have tried two different Surface Dock 2s and neither, with either PC, recognizes my monitors via the USB-C ports. Finally, I switched back to the Surface Dock...