Windows 10: Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

Discus and support Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Khai Phan, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Khai Phan Win User

Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC with 2 monitors and control my PC by Teamviewer. My PC only detects 1 monitor, then I turn on 2 my monitors and I can use 2 monitors by Teamviewer. How do I set up my PC which I turn off 2 monitors but can remote with 2 monitors?Thank you very much

:)

Khai Phan, Sep 28, 2022

2. Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 11 Preview Causes Inability to Detect 2nd Monitor

Hello,

Upon upgrading my Acer Inspire PC from Windows 11 Preview to Windows 11 today, I can only use one monitor. Steps I've taken:

1. Swapped "monitor to pc" cables and verified both are functioning normally.
    2. SYSTEM | DISPLAY | Scale & Layout | Detect Multiple displays > results in "We didn't detect another display"
    3. Device Manager | Display Adapters | Lists "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", however, the PC's invoice says "Intel UHD Graphics 630"
      • Intel's Driver & Assistant App shows all drivers are up to date, but it too shows the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
      • Downloaded "Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 30.0.100.9928" software from Intel - it failed to run, saying "no driver, CODE 8"
    4. Device Manager | Display Adapters | Microsoft Basic Display Adapter | Tried both "Update Driver" options > no change.
    5. Device Manager | Display Adapters | Microsoft Basic Display Adapter | Uninstall Device, then restarted > no change.
    6. Verified no updates were needed.
    7. Powered off and back on.
    Any ideas?

Many thanks!

TRocks2020, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Help! Both external monitors not detecting

Please follow below steps to resolve the message by switching the input source to HDMI:
    1. Press "Menu" hotkey on the monitor to enter OSD.
    2. Switch the input source to HDMI on OSD in one of the following ways:

• Go to Display > Input > HDMI.
    • Go to System > HDMI Auto Switch > On.

FreeBooter, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor

Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor

JeanetteDay, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

1. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor - Similar Threads - Windown detect monitor

2. Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.: I recently updated my GPU drivers which reset my monitor settings. Both monitors are now mirrored, showing the same exact image on both including mouse movements, however when checking the display settings it refuses to detect more than one monitor. I have tried all of the...
  3. Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.: I recently updated my GPU drivers which reset my monitor settings. Both monitors are now mirrored, showing the same exact image on both including mouse movements, however when checking the display settings it refuses to detect more than one monitor. I have tried all of the...
  4. Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected: I'm running a dual monitor set up. One is my monitor and the other one is a screen tablet. It used to work no problem but lately when I turn the PC on, only my screen tablet displays something.The weird part is, if I disconnect my screen tabletmonitor 2 and then I turn my PC...
  5. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor: Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC with 2 monitors and control my PC by Teamviewer. My PC only detects 1 monitor, then I turn on 2 my monitors and I can use 2...
  6. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  7. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  8. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Only 1 external monitor outputted

Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  10. Monitor is only audio output detectable.

Monitor is only audio output detectable.: Hello, I am running windows 10 on my new PC, I have a Predator monitor hooked up. my computer does not detect my headset or microphone when I plug them into their jacks. the only sound output goes through my monitor. I can hook up speakers directly to the monitor, but my...