Windows 10: Window 10 treating Laptop main screen as second screen

Discus and support Window 10 treating Laptop main screen as second screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,i don't know if it is windows 10 of hardware fault but my laptop acting abnormal for 3 days, whenever i turn on my laptop windows showing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Usman Abdullah, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Window 10 treating Laptop main screen as second screen

Hi,i don't know if it is windows 10 of hardware fault but my laptop acting abnormal for 3 days, whenever i turn on my laptop windows showing me extended screen on my main laptop LCD with no desktop ions only appear icon are which i place after logon and taskbar and when i open something it doesn't appear on desktop as it is open in other part of extended display that i am not viewing and when i press window_key+P to switch my real desktop with all icons appear on second screen only every thing here is fine and opening properly and i select "This PC Only" or Duplicate laptop LCD become black

:)

Usman Abdullah, Jun 8, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 8, 2021
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Virus-j Win User

Window 10 treating Laptop main screen as second screen

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Window 10 treating Laptop main screen as second screen

1. Window 10 treating Laptop main screen as second screen - Similar Threads - Window treating Laptop

2. Is it possible to use a windows 10 laptop's screen as second screen for a windows 11's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use a windows 10 laptop's screen as second screen for a windows 11's?: I'd like to use a spare windows 10 laptop as a screen for my main windows 11 laptop, is there a way how? I'm trying projecting and stuff but I have trouble getting it to work....
  3. Is it possible to use a windows 10 laptop's screen as second screen for a windows 11's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use a windows 10 laptop's screen as second screen for a windows 11's?: I'd like to use a spare windows 10 laptop as a screen for my main windows 11 laptop, is there a way how? I'm trying projecting and stuff but I have trouble getting it to work....
  4. Restoring laptop internal screen as main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring laptop internal screen as main display: I currentlyuse an older Dell laptop running Windows 7, which I connect to an old monitor HPw19 as an extended screen. This allworks fine. I bought anew HP Dragonfly Windows 10 with a view to replacing the Dell. When I connected it to the monitor it didn’twork, and...
  5. Second screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second screen windows 10: LG 1940 Sceen on USB-c to VGA as a second screen dosent work Why. I have updated mu Laptop LENOVO idepad330S And duplicate screen dosent work, wath has I do to get it function? Regards Kenneth Sweden *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped: I have 2 external monitors and they are both significantly less bright than my main laptop screens. Screens plural because I have 2 separate laptops (one HP and one Dell) with 2 different graphics cards but both the same issue connected via VGA to said monitors. The VGA cable...
  7. Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped

Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped: I'm having the same problem and I'm nearly certain it's a setting in Windows 10 somewhere that I cannot find or use. I have 2 external monitors and they are both significantly less bright than my main laptop screens. Screens plural because I have 2 separate laptops (one HP...
  8. Windows main screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows main screen: Files and documents on the main screen have little red circles with x's in them, what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-main-screen/9adec28c-28fe-442f-a80c-ceebb114ad0e"
  9. windows main screen resizing

windows main screen resizing: Hi there yesterday a MS expert fixed my Windows issue on my Dell Inspiron 15 7000. Today when I opened it the Windows 10 screen ( with the icons) will not expand to full screen size - the normal buttons( min. max. close are not in the upper right hand corner. Help!!!!!...
  10. Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor: Hi, Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor. I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the...