Windows 10: Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function.

Discus and support Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 11 with all the latest updates applied, and I want my laptop to never, ever, EVER to go to sleep when it is plugged in.NEVER!I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hippo Man, May 13, 2024.

1. Hippo Man Win User

Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function.

I'm running Windows 11 with all the latest updates applied, and I want my laptop to never, ever, EVER to go to sleep when it is plugged in.NEVER!I went to Settings=>System=>Power & Battery=>Screen and sleep , and in the When plugged in, put my device to sleep after section, I selected Never.However, when plugged in, my device still goes to sleep a while after the screensaver times out.This is totally unacceptable to me.I'm perfectly happy that the screen goes black after the screensaver times out. But even when the screen is black, I want my laptop to ALWAYS be TOTALLY AND UNEQUIV

:)

Hippo Man, May 13, 2024

2. SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 13, 2024
  3. jaydub Win User
    Trouble Putting PC to Sleep  

I finally determined what the cause of my PC waking up right after I invoke sleep function Start > Power > Sleep. I recently purchased a Velocifire wireless (2.4ghz) keyboard that also comes with a USB cord so it can be used in corded mode. When used in corded mode, sleeping the PC is not a problem. When I use the wireless dongle, the PC refuses to sleep for more than a second. So, the wireless mode of this keyboard is what triggers the problem. In addition to the things I've tried in my original post, here are the results of some suggestions you guys made:
    • Created a new fake user and logged in under than user. Same behavior.
    • Started PC in Safe Mode. Unfortunately, in Safe Mode sleep functions are limited to the monitor and hard drives. Nothing to put the PC to sleep.
    • Tried going into sleep via Alt + F4. Same behavior.
    • powercfg -a reports S3 is active on my system.
    There are no obvious irregularities in Device Manager. The dongle shows up under USB Serial Bus Controllers as a USB Composite Device.
    • General Tab says "This device is working properly".
    • In Driver Tab, I tried searching for a better driver, but Windows says there is no better driver.
    • There is no Power Management tab.
    So as it turns out, all of things I've tried appear to have been a waste of time as it was not addressing the wireless function of the keyboard. I contacted the manufacturer and they suggested that I delete the USB Composite Device entry, re-boot and re-insert the dongle. However, that did not change inability to sleep the PC. Any other ideas?

jaydub, May 13, 2024
  4. Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function.

What happen to the sleep mode function?

Hi Jovijago,

Since the Sleep option is not available in both System and Power Sleep settings, I suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter to help us determine what might be causing this problem. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Troubleshoot, and select it in the search results.
    • Under Troubleshoot, click Power, then Run the troubleshooter.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let the troubleshooter finish and share with me the results. Please take note if you encounter further errors.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2024
Thema:

Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function.

1. Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function. - Similar Threads - Win11 Put device

2. Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 - "Put my device to sleep after Never" does not function.: I'm running Windows 11 with all the latest updates applied, and I want my laptop to never, ever, EVER to go to sleep when it is plugged in.NEVER!I went to Settings=>System=>Power & Battery=>Screen and sleep , and in the When plugged in, put my device to sleep after section, I...
  3. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly from sleep: the keyboard backlight and caps LED works correctly, but the display does not turn on.Computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad...
  4. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly from sleep: the keyboard backlight and caps LED works correctly, but the display does not turn on.Computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad...
  5. How do I put my device to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put my device to sleep?: I dunno know to put my device to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-my-device-to-sleep/d947ecdf-954c-4be6-8baf-aa0277a2ae75
  6. How do I put my device to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I put my device to sleep?: I dunno know to put my device to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-my-device-to-sleep/d947ecdf-954c-4be6-8baf-aa0277a2ae75
  7. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep": I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps anyway. It is a problem because it prevents my printer from working with other computers that share printing.Note that I have...
  8. SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK: I went through a number of answers on this topic.What is the latest recommendation?When setting up never to go to sleep it does so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-never-does-not-work/71cf39a1-2a90-4d30-bb65-8e9bfe8a63c6
  9. Does the hard drive go to sleep when I put the computer to sleep even when set to never...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does the hard drive go to sleep when I put the computer to sleep even when set to never...: Same as the title. I've set my Drive to never sleep in order to try and fix a CD Drive that randomly spins up on my laptop and now I am wandering if the drive is set to never go to sleep, does is stay up even when the computer is in Sleep Mode?...
  10. cant put my device on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cant put my device on sleep mode: i cant put my device on sleep mood when i run sleep mood the device restarts and wake again in 2 seconds !!! windows 10 ver.. 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-put-my-device-on-sleep-mode/3b78fa75-3914-4b81-8620-1787a66afd28