Windows 10: Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or...

Discus and support Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just to start and let everyone know, my PC does not have a CD-ROM/CD reader at all. I also do NOT have a USB with windows on it.I recently ran into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yinkawa, Oct 9, 2024 at 1:57 AM.

1. Yinkawa Win User

Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or...

Just to start and let everyone know, my PC does not have a CD-ROM/CD reader at all. I also do NOT have a USB with windows on it.I recently ran into the problem where my C: doesn't have enough space within it's disk partition to get any new GPU driver updates, or any other updates that need to be performed onto the C. Yes, I have already cleared/removed all un-needed/unnecessary folders/files/applications that exist on C. The rest of the files/folders are needed for my PC to actually operate.I will be buying a new 1TB M.2 for my C: so I never run into this issue ever again + have faster booting

:)

2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

3. Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Its weird tho cause I have no problem with installing from disc. I did change it back to boot from HDD. I really dont want to uninstall all my components, kinds defeats the purpose of installing from usb. it would take longer to disconnect and reconnect after install then it would to just install from dvd.

Do you think its beacuse the drive was formated in ntfs, thats the only step I did different from the OP. Well that and the bootsect /nt60 command before coping files.

heres they way I went, probly have to try it fat32

launch diskpart.exe)
    select disk 1 (or your USB drive number, use list disk to get it)
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition=1
    active
    format fs=ntfs
    assign
    exit

Now that the drive is boot aware, we have to initialize its boot sector with the Windows boot manager (BOOTMGR), using the Bootsect.exe utility located in the boot directory of the Vista installation DVD. We have to tell the utility that our target drive is NTFS formatted:

bootsect.exe /nt60 f:

ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Oct 9, 2024 at 1:59 AM
  4. D-rock Win User

Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or...

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

Thema:

1. Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or... - Similar Threads - Win11 copy move

2. Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 - How do I copy/move my Windows11 installation to a new drive, without a boot-USB or...: Just to start and let everyone know, my PC does not have a CD-ROM/CD reader at all. I also do NOT have a USB with windows on it.I recently ran into the problem where my C: doesn't have enough space within it's disk partition to get any new GPU driver updates, or any other...
  3. how do i move onedrive files back without copying

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i move onedrive files back without copying: i cant move anything out of onedrive to my d drive because it says "you dont have enough onedrive storage to copy the files". like i never wanted it to move to onedrive in the first place now i gotta buy more storage just to get it back???...
  4. how do i move onedrive files back without copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i move onedrive files back without copying: i cant move anything out of onedrive to my d drive because it says "you dont have enough onedrive storage to copy the files". like i never wanted it to move to onedrive in the first place now i gotta buy more storage just to get it back???...
  5. how do i move onedrive files back without copying

6. How to move files to USB and not copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move files to USB and not copy.: I have a lot of files I want to move to a USB drive to free up space, but it just copies the files instead of moves them. Doing this causes all the files to lose their original creation dates and I don't want that to happen. Does anyone know how to just move them?...
  7. How do i install windows on a new SSD without CD or USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install windows on a new SSD without CD or USB: Ok, so i got a new ssd that i wanna use in another pc, how could i install windows on ssd using this pc then putting it in my other pc and make it work? I dont have any CD or USB...
  8. How do i install windows on a new SSD without CD or USB

How do i install windows on a new SSD without CD or USB: Ok, so i got a new ssd that i wanna use in another pc, how could i install windows on ssd using this pc then putting it in my other pc and make it work? I dont have any CD or USB...
  9. How do i install windows on a new SSD without CD or USB

10. how to install windows to new drive without usb or disk?

how to install windows to new drive without usb or disk?: I am currently have the wrong version of windows installed on my hard drive I just got a new dive and want to make it my main drive how would I install windows on the new dive and make it my main without the need for a usb or install disk....