Windows 10: Win11, cannot delete icon

Discus and support Win11, cannot delete icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today i installed the solid edge after i removed the old version, i copied the desktop shortuts to a folder during install and now i can copy them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RábaKrisztián, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Win11, cannot delete icon

Today i installed the solid edge after i removed the old version, i copied the desktop shortuts to a folder during install and now i can copy them anywhere, but the original icons stays on the desktop, no matter if i relaunch explorer.exe or restart the pc or spam the delete button. The files are deleted, but they are still there.?.

:)

RábaKrisztián, Jul 19, 2024
  2. ClarkRW Win User

Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. (see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail icon)

I've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help, including:

• Install all updates from both Microsoft and Lenovo
    • deleting the app and re-adding it
    • deleting the Iris Service key
    • deleting the icon cache
    • restarting explorer like a dozen times in a row
    Lenovo Legion Slim 9 running up-to-date Win11.

Win11, cannot delete icon e2aee801-ce8c-4544-8124-4c60b516d6a9?upload=true.png

ClarkRW, Jul 19, 2024
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. W1zzard Win User

Win11, cannot delete icon

How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

Win11, cannot delete icon

1. Win11, cannot delete icon - Similar Threads - Win11 cannot delete

2. Win11, cannot delete icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11, cannot delete icon: Today i installed the solid edge after i removed the old version, i copied the desktop shortuts to a folder during install and now i can copy them anywhere, but the original icons stays on the desktop, no matter if i relaunch explorer.exe or restart the pc or spam the delete...
  3. Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 yesterday, but I cannot figure out how to remove these Library icons. There is no delete option when I right-click on them and nothing happens when I press delete on my keyboard.Also, there is no option to remove them under "Desktop...
  4. Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 yesterday, but I cannot figure out how to remove these Library icons. There is no delete option when I right-click on them and nothing happens when I press delete on my keyboard.Also, there is no option to remove them under "Desktop...
  5. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons: This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail iconI've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help,...
  6. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons: This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail iconI've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help,...
  7. Cannot delete desktop icons

Cannot delete desktop icons: When I try to delete some of the icons for shortcuts and full files on my desktop, they disappear but then, a few minutes later they will all return. I cannot get rid of them! Any ideas on how to fix this??thanks...
  8. Cannot delete desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete desktop icons: When I try to delete some of the icons for shortcuts and full files on my desktop, they disappear but then, a few minutes later they will all return. I cannot get rid of them! Any ideas on how to fix this??thanks...
  9. Taskbar icons not showing win11

Taskbar icons not showing win11: after I upgraded my OS from win10 to win11, some taskbar icons are not showing while I use themNote: but when I create another user account everything works well, but I want to continue with my main user account as administrator...
  10. Cannot delete desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete desktop icon: It is telling me that this file is open in system. I know where it came from, it was an invoice . I deleted the file days ago and now left an icon cannot delete. Googled and prefer not to download software. Thank you. Chuck 173287