Windows 10: WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

Discus and support WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kevcoder, Feb 22, 2022.

1. kevcoder Win User

WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new local account for him and completely remove the Microsoft AccountWhat I've triedSettings ==> Accounts ==> Your Info ==> Change to a Local AccountAt this point I'm prompted to provide the current account password... which we don't haveNote that there is no option to Remove This Account either.**Note I am not trying

:)

kevcoder, Feb 22, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Feb 22, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Can't remove local account

Since Pete Crane is the name you have registered for your gmail.com account, I think the problem is to do with that type of account and not a local account.

I suggest you go back to your initial post at the top of the page, click on the Edit post control you will see underneath it then change the title Can't remove local account to something like GMail user account listed twice on login screen.

That change of title will attract the attention of those who understand online accounts. I never use them so I cannot help.

Denis

Thema:

1. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account - Similar Threads - WIN10 remove microsoft

2. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  3. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  4. How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10: I believe this problem is the same as the one described here:How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account? - Microsoft CommunityHowever, I don't believe that the answers understood the problem, so I am trying again with this question. Both my PC and laptop are...
  5. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  6. Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account: When I installed windows, I used a local account but recently had to login to get a application from the Microsoft Store. After I logged in, I noticed that my account had bound to it and went into my settings to find the option where I could login with a local account...
  7. Local to Microsoft Account for Win10 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local to Microsoft Account for Win10 sign in: I'm currently using a local sign in for my Win 10 Home computer. I've gone the "netplwiz.exe" route to eliminate having to sign in as I'm the only user in the home using that PC. I have several questions involving what happens if I switch and start using my Microsoft account...
  8. How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10: I have only one Administrator account on Windows 10, created as a local account. A Microsoft account was added to the local account afterwards. Now I want to remove the Microsoft account login (not to remove the local account itself). On the Settings -> Accounts -> Email &...
  9. Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account: I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I don't know the password and I'm locket out of Windows 10. I've installed Windows 7 and I can access the win10 files.Is there a...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040