Windows 10: Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?

Discus and support Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dual monitor set-up, after sleep, all application windows are bunched onto my main monitor and require rearranging them back into place every time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TiiXii, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:02 AM.

1. TiiXii Win User

Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?

Dual monitor set-up, after sleep, all application windows are bunched onto my main monitor and require rearranging them back into place every time. I have tried as many of the suggestion around the web I could find and none worked or couldn't attempt missing menu options or cant find solution in registry.This is issue affects my workflow and I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone could help solve it!

:)

2. Anbu935 Win User

Dual monitors not waking from sleep

Hi all,

I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.

I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away completely as they wake from sleep just fine when only using a single monitor. This issue only seems to occur when using both monitors simultaneously.

I have tried the below steps to no avail to remedy the issue:

• Changed the DisplayPort cable
    • Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU and reinstalled them again
    • Made sure Windows update was completely up-to-date, including any optional drivers
    • Made sure there were no unknown devices in Device Manager
    • Turned Link State Power Management under PCI Express in Power Plan settings to off
    • Completely formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows 11
    None of these steps have resolved the issue.

Any assistance provided will be much appreciated!

3. sakii305 Win User
    Win10 64 bit Dual Monitor setup stopped working with the last Windows Update

Win10 64 bit Dual Monitor setup stopped working with the last Windows Update

4. Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?

Monitor will not wake from sleep

When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.

I have read multiple forums trying to find a solution but nothing seems to work. things I have tried:

• updating BIOS
    • restoring Windows
    • running Windows Update
    • trying a different monitor
    • checking monitor settings
    • turning off Fast Startup
    • Running Troubleshooter Power
    • turning off Link State Power Management
    • Restarting in Safe Mode
    • Updating and Rolling Back the display adaptor
    • checking that keyboard and mouse can wake the PC
    • probably a few more that I have forgotten
    Asus PN51

Windows 11Home 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 7 5700u

AMD Radeon Graphics

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thema:

Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?

1. Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place? - Similar Threads - Win10 Dual Monitor

2. Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?: Dual monitor set-up, after sleep, all application windows are bunched onto my main monitor and require rearranging them back into place every time. I have tried as many of the suggestion around the web I could find and none worked or couldn't attempt missing menu options or...
  3. Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 64 Dual Monitor, after sleeping, windows bunched onto main monitor, how to keep in place?: Dual monitor set-up, after sleep, all application windows are bunched onto my main monitor and require rearranging them back into place every time. I have tried as many of the suggestion around the web I could find and none worked or couldn't attempt missing menu options or...
  4. Taskbar disappears from Main Monitor with a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappears from Main Monitor with a dual monitor setup.: I have a dual monitor setup with Windows 10 x64 Enterprise latest updates/build. One monitor, set as my main, is a C1 OLED TV, though I'm not sure this makes any difference. Anyway, if I click the start/windows icon on my secondary monitor the taskbar on my main monitor...
  5. Taskbar disappears from Main Monitor with a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar disappears from Main Monitor with a dual monitor setup.: I have a dual monitor setup with Windows 10 x64 Enterprise latest updates/build. One monitor, set as my main, is a C1 OLED TV, though I'm not sure this makes any difference. Anyway, if I click the start/windows icon on my secondary monitor the taskbar on my main monitor...
  6. Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?: I'm using an LG and a Samsung TV as both of my monitors and after installing Nvidia drivers from the website and installing GeForce Experience for recording my monitors all of a sudden don't wanna turn on after a nights sleep. All I get on my TV and my main LG monitor are...
  7. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  8. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon 3000 card on Windows 10 42857
  9. Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor

Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor: I fear I won't describe my problem, but here goes: I have two monitors, my laptop screen and a 2nd monitor. When I watch Foxtel, it displays on the external monitor, accessed via HDMI 1 port. My laptop feeds into the external monitor via the Display Port. My problem...
  10. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: I'm having issues with my Dual monitor set up and not sure if it has anything to do with the ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card. I've gone to AMD support to download the the latest driver for Win10 and keep getting message stating ( We are unable to find a driver for your system)....