Windows 10: Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

Discus and support Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new PC computer came with windows 11, it is not opening menu items in the foreground, sometimes you can physically see the outline / edge underneath... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Simon Arnold1, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

My new PC computer came with windows 11, it is not opening menu items in the foreground, sometimes you can physically see the outline / edge underneath other windows, right clicking over items or selecting options in 365 etc .. has the same problem, having to use keyboard shortcuts at least the ones I recall as a workaround but cannot access them at all, as they move with the window even if resized, where you are only seeing the outline /edge opening underneath if atall.is there an update.? I have installed all available updates to date. This is a fundamental basic requirement and is extreme

:)

Simon Arnold1, Nov 12, 2022
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Nov 12, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:

Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open... [​IMG]

I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave.
    It was not present in that Open With list.

I used the Default Programs Editor:

Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open... [​IMG]

Did you click Save...? You should have seen:

Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.

- opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, Nov 12, 2022
  4. Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

microsoft edge open new tab in foreground

Has anyone figured out how to open a new tab in the foreground in Microsoft Edge? (Right click a link, "Open in new tab"). The default is background.

BradChristenson, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

1. Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open... - Similar Threads - computer Application Menus

2. Application open behind Crome instead of opening in front

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application open behind Crome instead of opening in front: I am on Windows 11 and after updating it recently I am facing this annoying issue. It happens when I have more than one application open with alongside Crome browser, the rest I see open at the bottom of the screen. When I click on one at the bottom it does not open on top of...
  3. Application open behind Crome instead of opening in front

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application open behind Crome instead of opening in front: I am on Windows 11 and after updating it recently I am facing this annoying issue. It happens when I have more than one application open with alongside Crome browser, the rest I see open at the bottom of the screen. When I click on one at the bottom it does not open on top of...
  4. Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and this issue is driving me crazy. Applications and dialog boxes are all opening in the background BEHIND already opened applications. Sometimes the application or dialog box will open in the foreground for a couple of seconds then...
  5. Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications and dialog boxes are opening in the background instead of foreground in Windows 11: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and this issue is driving me crazy. Applications and dialog boxes are all opening in the background BEHIND already opened applications. Sometimes the application or dialog box will open in the foreground for a couple of seconds then...
  6. Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...: My new PC computer came with windows 11, it is not opening menu items in the foreground, sometimes you can physically see the outline / edge underneath other windows, right clicking over items or selecting options in 365 etc .. has the same problem, having to use keyboard...
  7. Moving open applications from foreground to background or tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving open applications from foreground to background or tray?: There are some applications I like to leave open but that I do not need in my taskbar. They sometimes need occasional interaction, messenger most of all. picturedIs there a way or a mod to force these applications in general to run in background, perhaps minimized to the...
  8. New window opens in foreground instead of background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New window opens in foreground instead of background: Hi, I recently got a new laptop running windows 10 and when i click on any file on Windows Explorer, it opens up the new window in the foreground. For Example, this gets quite tedious when I want to open up multiple Powerpoints to study, when i click on a powerpoint it opens...
  9. Open windows in foreground

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open windows in foreground: All of a sudden, the windows I open are in the background and cannot be brought to the foreground by clicking on them. Also the task bar has quit sliding out if I have a window opened full screen. I have to downsize the window to get the task bar to slide out from the side....
  10. App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box

in Windows 10 Support
    App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box: Whenever I right click on an application in the notification area, the menus open up behind the notification box. Is there a way to fix this. I am running a triple monitor setup with the task-bar located on the center screen only. I've tried stretching the task-bar across all...