Windows 10: Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer?

Discus and support Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a work computer so I cannot edit its registry or run batch files that Windows 11 was recently installed on. Home and Gallery in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LSXXX, Jan 31, 2024.

1. LSXXX Win User

Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer?

Hi,I have a work computer so I cannot edit its registry or run batch files that Windows 11 was recently installed on. Home and Gallery in File Explorer are causing lots of confusion, so I would like to not see them. I understand Home was called Quick Start in Win 10. It also caused problems, but I was able to make Win 10 not show it and would like to do that with Win 11's Home & Gallery. Can someone please tell me how, or if Microsoft won't let us?Thanks much

:)

LSXXX, Jan 31, 2024
Thema:

Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer?

1. Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - turn off display

2. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...
  3. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...
  4. Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer?

Win 11 - how to turn off / not display Home & Gallery in File Explorer?: Hi,I have a work computer so I cannot edit its registry or run batch files that Windows 11 was recently installed on. Home and Gallery in File Explorer are causing lots of confusion, so I would like to not see them. I understand Home was called Quick Start in Win 10. It also...
  5. Remove Home/Gallery from Explorer

Remove Home/Gallery from Explorer: Hi!Windows update added 'home' and 'gallery' to the file explorer. How do I hide or get rid of this?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-homegallery-from-explorer/28312555-d851-4794-83b1-60757b31f2c3
  6. How to Remove Home fromTop of File Explorer Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Home fromTop of File Explorer Win 11: I understand that Home is the new name for Quick Access in Win 11 File Explorer, and that the second section are the links in Home, but there is a Home button in the top section that is useless. How do I get rid of it so the Home links can be at the top. I already removed...
  7. How to Remove Home fromTop of File Explorer Win 11

How to Remove Home fromTop of File Explorer Win 11: I understand that Home is the new name for Quick Access in Win 11 File Explorer, and that the second section are the links in Home, but there is a Home button in the top section that is useless. How do I get rid of it so the Home links can be at the top. I already removed...
  8. How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer: There used to be some registry keys that could be deleted to turn this "feature" off.As of the most current version of Win10 21H2 19044.1415, these keys can no longer be deleted, nor can permissions be changed. So does anyone know how to get rid if these keys, or some other...
  9. How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer: There used to be some registry keys that could be deleted to turn this "feature" off.As of the most current version of Win10 21H2 19044.1415, these keys can no longer be deleted, nor can permissions be changed. So does anyone know how to get rid if these keys, or some other...
  10. How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer