Windows 10: Win 11, File Explorer

Discus and support Win 11, File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It looks like digital camera/phone pictures taken in portrait mode are unfortunately squashed to fit into the 'landscape' format of the Windows11 file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TaylorGT, Mar 26, 2022.

1. TaylorGT Win User

Win 11, File Explorer

It looks like digital camera/phone pictures taken in portrait mode are unfortunately squashed to fit into the 'landscape' format of the Windows11 file explorer's thumbnails. I'm fairly sure this did not happen in Windows 10's file explorer. Is there a workaround for this odd behaviour, so that all image pixels are shown as being square, please?Graham Taylor

:)

TaylorGT, Mar 26, 2022
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 26, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2022
  4. Win 11, File Explorer

internet explorer 11 win 10 user32dll and hhctrl.ocx errors

Hi Wilf,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 10 computer. So, I would suggest you to try the steps provided and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

a. Click on search and type troubleshooting.

b. Select Troubleshooting.

c. Select View all on the top left corner.

d. Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Internet Explorer help

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

Win 11, File Explorer

1. Win 11, File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. File Explorer, Filename:, Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, Filename:, Search: On my OneDrive for Business folder, I use "Ctrl + E" to search for a file using the "filename:" function, making it easy to access. It does not allow me to retrieve it in search results for certain files. I tried to rename the file, but it did not appear in the search...
  3. File Explorer, Filename:, Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, Filename:, Search: On my OneDrive for Business folder, I use "Ctrl + E" to search for a file using the "filename:" function, making it easy to access. It does not allow me to retrieve it in search results for certain files. I tried to rename the file, but it did not appear in the search...
  4. Font size reduced on Chrome tabs, File Explorer & Desktop icons - HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size reduced on Chrome tabs, File Explorer & Desktop icons - HELP !!!: In the last few days, font size has reduced on Chrome tabs, File Explorer & Desktop icons looks about 4pt. May have been after a Win11 update, not sureOther apps and display show normal size font. Have tried everything! Its not scale settings as all other font sizes on screen...
  5. Font size reduced on Chrome tabs, File Explorer & Desktop icons - HELP !!!

Font size reduced on Chrome tabs, File Explorer & Desktop icons - HELP !!!: In the last few days, font size has reduced on Chrome tabs, File Explorer & Desktop icons looks about 4pt. May have been after a Win11 update, not sureOther apps and display show normal size font. Have tried everything! Its not scale settings as all other font sizes on screen...
  6. video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer: I've taken video and still photos on my iPhone. The time and date the video and stills are taken is displaying correctly in the "information" about the files on my phone. I have copied both types from my iPhone to my Windows computer. The "date taken" displays the correct...
  7. video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer

video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer: I've taken video and still photos on my iPhone. The time and date the video and stills are taken is displaying correctly in the "information" about the files on my phone. I have copied both types from my iPhone to my Windows computer. The "date taken" displays the correct...
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer soft crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer soft crashes: I was hoping this would go away when I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but I am seeing an issue where, when scrolling a folder with a lot of files in it, Explorer seems to soft crash or reset so that the view or focus on the file folder will reset to the top. If I...
  9. Windows 11 File Explorer soft crashes

Windows 11 File Explorer soft crashes: I was hoping this would go away when I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but I am seeing an issue where, when scrolling a folder with a lot of files in it, Explorer seems to soft crash or reset so that the view or focus on the file folder will reset to the top. If I...
  10. File Explorer search bar backspace bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search bar backspace bug: I'm experiencing a frustrating problem with the File Explorer search bar in Windows 11. When I try to search for a file, the search bar randomly backspaces characters as I type, making it nearly impossible to complete my search query. Here are the details:As I type in the...