Windows 10: Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10

Discus and support Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With Windows 11 the spacing between lines in lists of files has been almost doubled - this means in directories with lots of files in a lot more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NickIredale, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10

With Windows 11 the spacing between lines in lists of files has been almost doubled - this means in directories with lots of files in a lot more scrolling is needed to find the file you want, and it is harder to see all the files at a glance. Please either reinstate the original Win10 spacing or provide an option to revert it to closer spacing.It's also very irritating to have to click the "Show more options" when a file is right clicked in order to get to most of the operations I carry out on files. Can we have the full list show again, OR the option to to revert to that, OR the ability to

:)

NickIredale, Jan 6, 2022

2. internet explorer 11 win 10 user32dll and hhctrl.ocx errors

Hi Wilf,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 10 computer. So, I would suggest you to try the steps provided and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

a. Click on search and type troubleshooting.

b. Select Troubleshooting.

c. Select View all on the top left corner.

d. Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Internet Explorer help

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Also refer:

Fix site display issues with Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 11

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Sydney68 Win User

Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10

Problems with File Explorer in Win 10 (64bit)

I installed win 10 on a new machine. Whenever I'm in File Explorer I scroll down the list of files and usually within 50 secs explorer will return to the top of the listing. This also happens if I'm trying to rename a file, in this case it reverts back
    to the original file name and goes back to the top. When there are hundreds of files in any given directory you can imagine I'm getting pretty ticked off with the whole thing. I tend to end up using my Win 7 pc instead. Also every time I go into a directory
    File Explorer wants to redo the Indexing. Surely the reason for indexing is to do it once and then whenever there's a change (Not constantly like it seems to do now)

Sydney68, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10

1. Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer layout

2. Win 11 file explorer doesn't show files other than current month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 file explorer doesn't show files other than current month: Windows 11 file explorer suddenly stopped showing files other than current month.Are they lost? Need help desparately.Did scannow and no problems seen...
  3. Win 11 file explorer doesn't show files other than current month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 file explorer doesn't show files other than current month: Windows 11 file explorer suddenly stopped showing files other than current month.Are they lost? Need help desparately.Did scannow and no problems seen...
  4. Win 11, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11, File Explorer: It looks like digital camera/phone pictures taken in portrait mode are unfortunately squashed to fit into the 'landscape' format of the Windows11 file explorer's thumbnails. I'm fairly sure this did not happen in Windows 10's file explorer. Is there a workaround for this odd...
  5. Win 11, File Explorer

Win 11, File Explorer: It looks like digital camera/phone pictures taken in portrait mode are unfortunately squashed to fit into the 'landscape' format of the Windows11 file explorer's thumbnails. I'm fairly sure this did not happen in Windows 10's file explorer. Is there a workaround for this odd...
  6. Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer layout is worse than in Win 10: With Windows 11 the spacing between lines in lists of files has been almost doubled - this means in directories with lots of files in a lot more scrolling is needed to find the file you want, and it is harder to see all the files at a glance. Please either reinstate the...
  7. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  8. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  9. Win 10 - File Explorer

10. Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen

Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen: From what I have seen there has been no satisfactory answer to the original question which I understood was how to force Win 10's File Explorer to open full screen rather than randomly opening partial screen. The older versions of Win with File Manager, etc., had similar...