Windows 10: Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain

Discus and support Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kevin Tunstall, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain

Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files or leave them separate. Now I am prompted to select a single file in order to see details. Fortunately, I have a Win 10 laptop so I am not completely shut down. How is this an improvement? Is there a method by which I can get the old file explorer back? I cannot do my job with the current update. This has basically bricked my machine.

:)

Kevin Tunstall, Nov 16, 2023

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2023
  3. How can I list the archive attribute in detail view of file explorer in Win 11. Used to see if need backup.

How can I list the archive attribute in detail view of file explorer in Win 11. I have used it in Win 10 to see if I need to backup with Xcopy in a bat file.

RichardMack3, Nov 16, 2023
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 16, 2023
Thema:

Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain

1. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain - Similar Threads - File Explorer Details

2. Win 11 File Explorer force a perminant configuration for file details shown in details window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer force a perminant configuration for file details shown in details window.: The right hand pane of the windows 11 File Explorer always defaults to showing a set selection of types of information about the files in any folder.On my computer, for audio files, these are Name, #, Title, Contributing artists, Album.Also the columns do not auto fit width...
  3. Win 11 File Explorer force a perminant configuration for file details shown in details window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer force a perminant configuration for file details shown in details window.: The right hand pane of the windows 11 File Explorer always defaults to showing a set selection of types of information about the files in any folder.On my computer, for audio files, these are Name, #, Title, Contributing artists, Album.Also the columns do not auto fit width...
  4. The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN: Sorry, just throwing this out there as a COMMENT - please feel free to pile on.It's a RANT that may not see the light of day, but a common complaint.When is MS going to fix the File Explorer Navigation Pane so that it is reasonably easy to use.Right now, it is not and I have...
  5. The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN

The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN: Sorry, just throwing this out there as a COMMENT - please feel free to pile on.It's a RANT that may not see the light of day, but a common complaint.When is MS going to fix the File Explorer Navigation Pane so that it is reasonably easy to use.Right now, it is not and I have...
  6. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple i.e. more than one media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files, split them or leave them as they are....
  7. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane

Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple i.e. more than one media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files, split them or leave them as they are....
  8. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Details Pain: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files or leave them separate. Now I am prompted to select a...
  9. Win 11, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11, File Explorer: It looks like digital camera/phone pictures taken in portrait mode are unfortunately squashed to fit into the 'landscape' format of the Windows11 file explorer's thumbnails. I'm fairly sure this did not happen in Windows 10's file explorer. Is there a workaround for this odd...
  10. Win 11, File Explorer

Win 11, File Explorer: It looks like digital camera/phone pictures taken in portrait mode are unfortunately squashed to fit into the 'landscape' format of the Windows11 file explorer's thumbnails. I'm fairly sure this did not happen in Windows 10's file explorer. Is there a workaround for this odd...