Windows 10: win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

Discus and support win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; there happen sometimes bluescreens sometimes USB devices get lost. the problem is only since some time. i hear click of relais that power supply switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by charly_948X, Jul 30, 2024.

1. win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

there happen sometimes bluescreens sometimes USB devices get lost. the problem is only since some time. i hear click of relais that power supply switch off and drive led stay on and get soon darker until it switch off complete. i use pc power buttton to go to standby and resume. windows should wait until all drive actions are finishedaddon: I use no external USB drives I use intern sata and 1 nvme. strange is also that some time before the switch off drive light is off for 2 sec or more, but then it go on and windows switch off the power supply

:)

charly_948X, Jul 30, 2024

2. How in WIN 11 do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

Thanks, Greg.

So this is what worked, step by step.

Reboot

Drive is listed as E: in file explorer.

Drive not listed in Disk Management.

Insert DVD, it plays after short pause.

Disk management now shows Audio CD as E:

Right click, change letter to R: (while playing!)

Reboot.

Drive now shows as BD-RE drive as R: in File Explorer.

The bottom line is

- File Explorer does not provide for changing drive letter afics.

- Disk Management seems to need a disk to be in the drive for it to "see" the drive. I can't recall is this is Win 10 behaviour

I don't recall having any difficulty with this in Win 10 (its possible that the Win 10 default drive allocation was "after" my external drives; or I "just changed it").

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

RichardFlack, Jul 30, 2024
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little... 264204d1579788485t-optical-drive-issue-send-.png

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

Windows 11 not seeing hard drives in File Explorer

Hi, I've searched for this and tried numerous suggestions but cannot seem to get it to work on my end.

I was using an HDD and decided to switch over to an SDD for my operating system and gaming. Installed the SDD, intending to clone the HDD over. Booted up, and Windows wouldn't show me the drive in the Explorer. I initialized the drive (This PC; Manage; Drive Management; etc), got it formatted, and even used the clone tool from Crucial but still Windows won't show me this drive. Went into the BIOS and switched the boot drive to the new drive. Booted up no problem... and now it won't show me the old drive. I'm just utterly baffled, I've never experienced anything like this before.

PC running an ASUS Z690, a Seagate HDD and Crucial SDD. Windows 11.

Thanks for any suggestions as to next steps.

KCJones731, Jul 30, 2024
Thema:

win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

1. win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little... - Similar Threads - drive LED show

2. win 11 drive LED show action off drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 drive LED show action off drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...: there happen sometimes bluescreens sometimes USB devices get lost. the problem is only since some time. i hear click of relais that power supply switch off and drive led stay on and get soon darker until it switch off complete. i use pc power buttton to go to standby and...
  3. win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 drive LED show action of drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...: there happen sometimes bluescreens sometimes USB devices get lost. the problem is only since some time. i hear click of relais that power supply switch off and drive led stay on and get soon darker until it switch off complete. i use pc power buttton to go to standby and...
  4. win 11 drive LED show action off drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

win 11 drive LED show action off drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...: there happen sometimes bluescreens sometimes USB devices get lost. the problem is only since some time. i hear click of relais that power supply switch off and drive led stay on and get soon darker until it switch off complete. i use pc power buttton to go to standby and...
  5. win 11 drive LED show action off drive and windows switch PC off. it should wait a little...

6. switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc: Pretty self explanatory. The reason why I wanted to do this was because the new pc has a 256gb ssd and my old pc has a 500gb ssd, I also personally don't like win 11Could I just replace the new ssd with the old one directly? Or would that mess up the OS?...
  7. switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc

switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc: Pretty self explanatory. The reason why I wanted to do this was because the new pc has a 256gb ssd and my old pc has a 500gb ssd, I also personally don't like win 11Could I just replace the new ssd with the old one directly? Or would that mess up the OS?...
  8. inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off: Hi,Could anybody help with the issue desribed in the subject. When opened, Windows Camera app has black screen and the LED is pulsating faintly. The issue also affects face recognition where I get a message "something went wrong".Thank you in advance,Kasia...
  9. inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off

inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off: Hi,Could anybody help with the issue desribed in the subject. When opened, Windows Camera app has black screen and the LED is pulsating faintly. The issue also affects face recognition where I get a message "something went wrong".Thank you in advance,Kasia...
  10. Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF: Hi all, I have two 4TB Seagate Backup Plus drives, I sat the drives to go to sleep after 3 min in Seagate Dashboard program, the drives do go to sleep but the LED lights won't turn off, they are always on? But if the same drives are connected to my iMac, they goes to...