Windows 10: Win 10 wifi security/function

Discus and support Win 10 wifi security/function in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, having extreme issue, Win 10. I do not have "forget network" option, and all available wifi networks are set to "Connect Automatically" and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jay dee6, Jun 5, 2024.

1. jay dee6 Win User

Win 10 wifi security/function

Hi, having extreme issue, Win 10. I do not have "forget network" option, and all available wifi networks are set to "Connect Automatically" and no matter how many times i deselect this they remain activated. This seems a massive security issue and need assistance please.

:)

jay dee6, Jun 5, 2024

2. Windows 10 wifi and update & security not working

Hi All,

I have been battling an issue with Windows 10 every night for the last 2 weeks. I apologise for the long post but will try to provide as much detail as possible.

Initially I had a critical error warning which stopped me accessing the start menu and Internet explorer/edge. I fixed this by uninstalling Norton Antivirus and installing an alternative.

However I now have no wifi internet connection. All other devices using the wifi are working fine. I have checked the driver for the wifi adapter and it is up to date. The adapter also states working fine when running various tests. I have also reset my router and tried many other fixes to no avail.

I also have have a problem with the 'updates and security' option from the control panel. When I click on this it doesn't do anything.

I have spoken to Microsoft and they have suggested the driver for the adapter is incompatible. However the computer has been working fine with wifi for a good while since updating to Win 10. They suggested the solution was to revert back to Win 8 but this seems a step backwards and I don't have the product key for Win 8 so would need to purchase new.

I am thinking the only option would be a reset but I can't access that as the updates and security tab doesn't work.

I have run a system check (sfc scan now) and that found no issues. I have also ran a full Antivirus scan but again found nothing.

Any advice greatfully received.

JamesBAshby, Jun 5, 2024
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jun 5, 2024
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Jun 5, 2024
Thema:

1. Win 10 wifi security/function - Similar Threads - wifi security function

2. Win 10 wifi security/function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 wifi security/function: Hi, having extreme issue, Win 10. I do not have "forget network" option, and all available wifi networks are set to "Connect Automatically" and no matter how many times i deselect this they remain activated. This seems a massive security issue and need assistance please....
  3. Win 10 wifi security/function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 wifi security/function: Hi, having extreme issue, Win 10. I do not have "forget network" option, and all available wifi networks are set to "Connect Automatically" and no matter how many times i deselect this they remain activated. This seems a massive security issue and need assistance please....
  4. Secure Boot functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot functionality: How to turn on Secure Boot functionality on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-functionality/7b314b4a-c663-4b34-b480-8cae2973edf7
  5. Windows Security Not Functioning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Not Functioning: Hi. My windows defender has been malfunctioning for a week now and I just noticed it. I read some discussions similar to my case and followed some of the procedures. I just downloaded Malwarebytes and found out multiple existing malware and trojan files lurking on my laptop....
  6. win 10 Systemsettings.exe will not function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 Systemsettings.exe will not function: the above plus I have a few apps like Edge that is sitting is suspend mode First .. i can open settings ,, I just can not change anything I have created a 2nd acct.. everything is the same there.. so what do I do now...
  7. Win 10 search function

in Cortana
    Win 10 search function: Does anyone know of a commercial ap that will search win 10? The built-in search is far too erratic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-search-function/d7a20376-8ed8-42ab-b9af-ad883d5c6983"
  8. WIN 10 wifi

WIN 10 wifi: Tried your subjection with CND neset and re boot and it did not pickup channel 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wifi/3144509a-4844-4b9b-8d83-e8476bb4ed2a
  9. Disabling Win 10 Upgrade Function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Win 10 Upgrade Function: I have a Dell Inspiron 15Z-5523. When looking it up on the Dell Support site it is listed as incompatible and not tested for Win 10 versions above 1607. I'm perfectly happy running Win 10 Version 1607 -- BUT-- the Win 10 Upgrade function keeps automatically downloading...
  10. Can't connect to a certain secured wifi after upgrading to Win 10

Can't connect to a certain secured wifi after upgrading to Win 10: Hey there, I need a laptop for my studies - that's why I looked for my HP 650 Laptop I used three years ago. First thing I did was upgrading to Windows 10. I didn't have any problems doing that at home connected to my home wifi. When I'm at school there are two wifi...