Windows 10: Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?

Discus and support Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I switched to Linux a year ago because of the poor performance I had with Windows 10. Now, mainly because of software compatibility, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DogValuable6202, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?

Hello, I switched to Linux a year ago because of the poor performance I had with Windows 10. Now, mainly because of software compatibility, I am wondering, will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer? Maybe it was because of too many processes or a less optimised version that gave me poor performance?

-Equipment-

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Memory : 5974MB

Type of equipment : Mini notebook

-Display :

Resolution : 1366x768 pixels

OpenGL Renderer : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2) DRI Table

X11 Provider : The /u/DogValuable6202
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DogValuable6202, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Game Can't Run Smoothly In Windows 10. Need Help.

Hello Nur,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You might be facing this issue due to the in-compatible graphics card drivers. I suggest you to download the latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s website which is compatible with Windows 10 operating
    system and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to install the graphic card drivers in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website or locate the downloaded driver setup file of the previous operating system in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      properties

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select
      Windows 10
      operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?

Computer not running smoothly

My HP P2 computer was purchased with Windows 8. I later updated to Windows 10. My problem is that the computer does not run smoothly, as in....when I scroll in a program such as facebook, a news story, or putting together a jigsaw puzzle the machine makes
    "growling" sounds and is very jerky. Sometimes in scrolling through a site it will jump to a different area, I try to go back to where I was and it goes too far in the other direction. While doing jigsaw, the pieces don't go to where I want them, but hang
    up for a few seconds before I can move it at all. This is becoming a greater problem. My graphics card may be outdated...it is AMD Radeon 7340, runind on resolution 1600 X 900 at 60 Hertz. HELP please! Thank you for any information you can give me.

MaxineKirk, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?

1. Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer? - Similar Threads - run smoothly computer

2. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  3. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  4. Windows 10 not running smoothly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not running smoothly: Hello everyoneI have an HP PC running windows 10 Home version 21H2 with 4GB of RAM I just upgraded it from 2GB. I just clean installed it 7 days ago but the problem I had with it before clean installing is what am having again. I'm running windows 10 Pro version 1809 before...
  5. Windows 10 not running smoothly

Windows 10 not running smoothly: Hello everyoneI have an HP PC running windows 10 Home version 21H2 with 4GB of RAM I just upgraded it from 2GB. I just clean installed it 7 days ago but the problem I had with it before clean installing is what am having again. I'm running windows 10 Pro version 1809 before...
  6. Windows 10 not running smoothly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?: We all know that every software or game released has some minimum requirements. How ever we all know the fact that the minimum requirements publish in the website is very misleading and the performance of that product seems very sluggish. I want an honest answer about will...
  8. Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?

Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?: We all know that every software or game released has some minimum requirements. How ever we all know the fact that the minimum requirements publish in the website is very misleading and the performance of that product seems very sluggish. I want an honest answer about will...
  9. Will windows 10 run smoothly on my computer if I install the 32 bit version of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will windows 10 run smoothly on my computer if I install the 32 bit version of it?: Here are my computers specs: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. submitted by /u/reddituser080207 [link] [comments]...
  10. My PC not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC not running smoothly.: Im not sure what was happening to my pc lately. Just 2 days ago I'm found that my pc not functioning properly. Im using Windows 10. Suddenly the PC very late shut down. So i just switch off directly. Well next day the pc not able to switch on. Later it's switch on. Many...