Windows 10: Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

Discus and support Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Braudoux, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Braudoux Win User

Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While restarting, I discovered that my W10 was not activated. Then I followed the steps recommended in the troubleshoot tool. Nothing worked and any activation attempt was denied. None of the solutions key, digital etc... worked4. I tried to be contacted by the MS Assistance by phone but was never called back5. There was a recent

:)

Braudoux, Jul 22, 2024
  2. heymark1 Win User

How can I get an ISO of W10 or upgrade the activation key for W11?

Howdy Folks,

So, I purchased a retail version of Windows 10 and trying to install it through Parallels on a Mac Mini. I need an ISO. On the other hand, Parallels downloaded W11, however I can't use the W10 activation key. Can I "upgrade" the W10 activation key for W11?

Thanks

-m

heymark1, Jul 22, 2024
  3. FynErFin Win User
    How to Upgrade from W10 (parallels on intel Mac) to W11 (parallels on M3 Mac)

Currently, I have an 2017 iMac (Intel based) running Parallels V19 & MS W10 (as a VM).

I just bought an 2024 MacBook Air (M3 based)... I installed Parallels V19 (moved the key to the new machine) and then I installed W11. W11 now asks for activation.

Supposedly, upgrading from W10 to W11 should be free...

This is a catch 22 for me for the following reasons:

1) I cannot use my existing license (W10) to activate my new machine/installation (W11) - MS doesn't allow this as far as I have been able to figure out.

2) I cannot upgrade my old installation to W11 (not supported on the intel based Macs from 2017) - I believe the W10 settings -> update menu gives you the upgrade option if you hardware supports it but not in my case

3) I cannot find a W10 Arm ISO (then I could install that on the new machine and request upgrade to W11)

4) I have not been able to find MS support for home user

How do I resolve this issue? Any help is highly appreciated...

FynErFin, Jul 22, 2024
  4. idgat Win User

Activate W10 with W11 product key?

Understood. Then simply add ExplorerPatcher - keeps Win11 but as a look-a-like Win10. Saves all the hassles of a re-install. Just try it first. But, if you do decide to go down the W10 re-install path .. - image (Macrium Reflect) existing activated W11 installation just in acse things go pear-shaped - you shouldn't have to worry about a key anyway, if W11 is (was) activated, the installation of W10 should auto-activate accordingly.

idgat, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

1. Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated? - Similar Threads - W11 W10 request

2. Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?: Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While...
  3. Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?: Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While...
  4. Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?: Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While...
  6. Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a W11 over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?: Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While...
  7. W10 and W11 bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 and W11 bluescreens: We have a number PCs that are bluescreening on a regular basis, both on W10 and W11. I'm looking at one now and the event ID is 1001, it has also produced a minidump file which means nothing to me.Can anyone help with this please, I've attached a link to the minidump...
  8. W10 and W11 bluescreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 and W11 bluescreens: We have a number PCs that are bluescreening on a regular basis, both on W10 and W11. I'm looking at one now and the event ID is 1001, it has also produced a minidump file which means nothing to me.Can anyone help with this please, I've attached a link to the minidump...
  9. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  10. Will W11 affect the Pro features of my W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will W11 affect the Pro features of my W10?: I have a windows 10 Pro and I need my Pro features to still work after the W11 upgrade. Will that be the case please?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-w11-affect-the-pro-features-of-my-w10/6f0a2f6d-a06f-4bbc-ba1d-fbb14bfeac4a