Windows 10: Wifi problem persists

Discus and support Wifi problem persists in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thanks a lot Microsoft for bringing an update yesterday evening, after which the internet has stopped working on my laptop. It has been more than one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VishalSharma_135, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Wifi problem persists

Thanks a lot Microsoft for bringing an update yesterday evening, after which the internet has stopped working on my laptop.

It has been more than one year that I am facing problems on Wifi connection on Windows 10. Wifi works on my all other devices, except Windows. Congratulations Microsoft, for working so hard for this simple problem for nothing.

Microsoft Team deserves to be perished. I really wish that Microsoft closes soon, so that we can have much better operating systems in the market. Best luck Microsoft for a faster death.

PS: Please show this message to the topmost authority of Microsoft, so that they know what they are doing.

:)

VishalSharma_135, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Wifi problem persists

Problem in connecting Wifi

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type“Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on“Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

For the issue regarding the wifi I also suggest you to refer the article in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Note: Article for 8.1 also applies to Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope the information help. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Wifi problem persists

1. Wifi problem persists - Similar Threads - Wifi problem persists

2. Windows 11 Persistent Update Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Persistent Update Problems: Hello,I have been struggling with installing the latest update for windows. I am attaching a screen-shot below for specifics. Can I get some guidance on how to resolve this?2024-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64...
  3. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?: please introduce this persistent nuisance MICROSOFT pros. potent solution encapsulated and emailed in MICROSOFT UPDATE is what i await.thanksregular MICROSOFT customer...
  4. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?: please introduce this persistent nuisance MICROSOFT pros. potent solution encapsulated and emailed in MICROSOFT UPDATE is what i await.thanksregular MICROSOFT customer...
  5. Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems: My problem with wireless keyboard & mouse is alike to the one described in this recent thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-set-not-working/ec0ff343-cf15-4253-86ec-186afcc1f4ee but more akin to this 2015 threat...
  6. Event ID 6008 persisting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 6008 persisting problem: Got my laptop 6 months ago, and since then it has randomly shut down around 10 times. Each time, it was because of Event ID 6008. I doubt it's because of the fan since I just got the laptop and therefore there isn't that much dust. The only thing I can think of is that it...
  7. No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/march34th [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5kpt3/no_wifi_networks_showing_up_network_discovery_is/
  8. Persistent Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Persistent Update Problem: Hello Everybody. I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok. Then double clicked Update Windows. Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual". Then clicked apply and save. The instructions said, "This will work for awhile but eventually it will start updating...
  9. Persistent Update Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent Update Problem: Hello Everybody. I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok. Then double clicked Update Windows. Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual". Then clicked apply and save. The instructions said, "This will work for awhile but eventually it will start updating...
  10. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists: I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors. What is happening for me is the...