Windows 10: Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

Discus and support Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohd. Faiez, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen and restarting again and again, after 3 to 4 days, it stopped but the wifi option was not on the task bar and when I tried to open settings and network, the settings app closed, after many tries, when ever I try to do something related to network, it does not run and does not responds.I have no means of connecting it to internet. Please tell me if there is something I can do?

:)

Mohd. Faiez, Jan 18, 2024

2. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

Only airplane mode and cellular options available under network and internet settings tab on taskbar. Cannot seem to get any available wifi network options. How do i get my laptop to connect to a wifi adapter again?

Anthony Corbo, Jan 18, 2024
  3. Anakunda Win User
    Network configuration broken (WiFi)

Thanks EdTittel for the suggestion, but this is a harder nut.
    Full network reset doesn't resolve. In device manager, I can see all physical network adapters (Realtek for ethernet and Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 for wireless). All enabled and no warnings. But if I click on taskbar system network icon, I don't see any WiFi network in the popup. There's only airplane mode button and link to open network and internet settings. The troubleshooter in network settings doesn't find anything it could repair.

There's although one clue pointing that something is broken
    Settings → Network and Internet → Change adapter options → WiFi → Rightclick menu → Diagnostics finds a problem with the driver (not fixed)
    The adapter state is all OK, signal present, enabled

Anakunda, Jan 18, 2024
  4. David Haz Win User

Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, Jan 18, 2024
Thema:

Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

1. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding. - Similar Threads - Wifi option present

2. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.: I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen and restarting again and again, after 3 to 4 days, it stopped but the wifi option was not on the task bar and when I tried to...
  3. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.: I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen and restarting again and again, after 3 to 4 days, it stopped but the wifi option was not on the task bar and when I tried to...
  4. Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding: Logged onto my laptop today to find the taskbar and start button completely unresponsive. I can’t use them to open any applications or to type, and there is a loading symbol where my mouse tracker should be when I hover over them. I tried to use windows + I and windows + R to...
  5. Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding: Logged onto my laptop today to find the taskbar and start button completely unresponsive. I can’t use them to open any applications or to type, and there is a loading symbol where my mouse tracker should be when I hover over them. I tried to use windows + I and windows + R to...
  6. Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Wifi option not showing in taskbar and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi option not showing in taskbar and settings: Its just not there and even my network adapter is gone, it wont go back even if i restart submitted by /u/shabooadik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqq2mp/wifi_option_not_showing_in_taskbar_and_settings/
  8. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  9. No network adapter or WiFi option in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No network adapter or WiFi option in settings: I cant connect to the Internet with my fresh install on Windows 10,i installed it from a USB stick. There is no network adapter in device manager, when I troubleshoot it just says to insert SIM card its a 2 in 1 laptop. I don't have the option to connect to ether net and I...
  10. No Wifi Option in Settings and Taskbar

No Wifi Option in Settings and Taskbar: My windows 10 laptop cannot connect to the internet because there is no wireless internet option in the settings or the task bar. Normally where the WiFi logo is, there is an Ethernet logo instead. I can't even use the Ethernet because my laptop DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ETHERNET...