Windows 10: Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it?

Discus and support Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey my name is lee and i am using windows 11 now the main problem is that each time i turn on my pc the internet icon is gone. And when i restart my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ggtg tttt, Nov 14, 2023.

1. ggtg tttt Win User

Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it?

Hey my name is lee and i am using windows 11 now the main problem is that each time i turn on my pc the internet icon is gone. And when i restart my pc it re appears but when i start playing game it suddenly disappears again. I used every single method and troubleshooting in the youtube or community here but the problem still remains. Sometimes even my bluetooth is gone as well and also my ethernet cable is only in my main wifi router but the network sertings keep saying that my pc is not connected on ethernet. Any fix pls?

:)

ggtg tttt, Nov 14, 2023

2. No WIFI icon in windows 10

So today when playing games, I noticed that the WIFI icon showed me that I am not connected to the internet, but I was still able to browse the internet. I used task manager to restart Explorer, and the WIFI icon disappeared completely. I tried disabling then enabling the driver, but nothing happened. What do I do to fix this problem? If I press the Network Icon in the action centre, it shows the network window, but it doesn't list the wifi networks.

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 14, 2023
  3. SSIDs are delayed to showing when clicking the WIFI icon

Dear MS support team,

The pilot users for W11 have issues after updating the Wireless Driver

Computer model: ASUS/P5440FF

First issue switching from LAN to WIFI and the advised to update the Wireless adapter driver which were performed, and now has new issue with delayed showing the list of available SSIDs.

And once the SSIDs are showing and clicking again the WIFI icon to close it and click back it will show quickly but if you leaved it not clicking the WIFI icon will happen again the same issue it needs to wait for other user 40 seconds to show the available list of SSIDs.

I'd advised to roll back the Wireless adapter driver and waiting for the result.

Question: Is that possible also to install the W10 Wireless adapter driver dedicated for ASUS/P5440FF?

Kindly let me know what the next steps will I need to try to resolve the issue.

Best regards

Tolits

Tolits_Dan, Nov 14, 2023
  4. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it? 117808d1485975958t-wifi-networks-not-showing-wifi1.jpg

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it? 117809d1485975958t-wifi-networks-not-showing-wifi2.jpg

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

Thema:

1. Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it? - Similar Threads - Wifi icon showing

2. Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it?: Hey my name is lee and i am using windows 11 now the main problem is that each time i turn on my pc the internet icon is gone. And when i restart my pc it re appears but when i start playing game it suddenly disappears again. I used every single method and troubleshooting in...
  3. Wifi networks arent showing up, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi networks arent showing up, how do i fix this?: So im trying to fix my friend's PC. The problem with it is that it wont connect to the internet and the wifi networks arent showing up. I tried hard reseting needed to hard reset anyways, I tried updating the network adapter, I tried uninstalling & reinstalling it and that...
  4. Wifi networks arent showing up, how do i fix this?

Wifi networks arent showing up, how do i fix this?: So im trying to fix my friend's PC. The problem with it is that it wont connect to the internet and the wifi networks arent showing up. I tried hard reseting needed to hard reset anyways, I tried updating the network adapter, I tried uninstalling & reinstalling it and that...
  5. Wifi networks arent showing up, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How do i fix the wifi not showing up on my computer at all?

How do i fix the wifi not showing up on my computer at all?: So basically i just installed windows 10 home with bootcamp on my late 2015 imac i can put specific specs later and it worked fine until it asked me to choose a wifi connection. nothing showed up so i skipped it. after that, if i click on the wifi icon globe with a block sign...
  7. Wifi Icon not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Icon not showing up: Ive tried troubleshooting and followed countless tutorials, the solution was found but immediately broke. I don't know what to do and i'm flipping.One thing, it keeps specifying something is wrong with either my router or "Local Area Connection" which both work just fine, and...
  8. Wifi Icon not showing up

Wifi Icon not showing up: Ive tried troubleshooting and followed countless tutorials, the solution was found but immediately broke. I don't know what to do and i'm flipping.One thing, it keeps specifying something is wrong with either my router or "Local Area Connection" which both work just fine, and...
  9. No Wifi Icon showing up.

No Wifi Icon showing up.: I have windows 10 and was connected to wifi before. I turned on my computer one morning and all of a sudden I cant connect to wifi or even see a wifi icon. It keeps telling me the ethernet is disconnected but I never once connected it with an ethernet cable. The following...
  10. wifi icon not showing up

wifi icon not showing up: Before everything became a disaster at first i noticed that the wifi icon is not showing up so immediately went to the device manager to fix it up , I clicked showed hiddend evices and the wifi network adapter is disabled , I immedately uninstalled it and I forgot to tick the...