Windows 10: wifi going out

Discus and support wifi going out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is at least 6 years old and about a month ago the internet connection disappears. first the other wifi networks disappears then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by novanow, Oct 25, 2023.

1. novanow Win User

wifi going out

I have a laptop that is at least 6 years old and about a month ago the internet connection disappears. first the other wifi networks disappears then the connected wifi network says no internet connection and when you disconnect and want to reconnect it says no wifi network. When this happens then I restart the laptop and then when the laptop restarts it shows the blue screen of death then it restarts again and then works. I have troubleshooted and it said then everything is fine I have cleaned everything out and I did updated this morning. Is this a software issue or a issue with the laptop. t

:)

novanow, Oct 25, 2023

2. Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router. If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter. One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Oct 25, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 25, 2023
  4. wifi going out

Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 25, 2023
Thema:

wifi going out

1. wifi going out - Similar Threads - wifi going

2. dns settings for wifi's with open connections keep going back to manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dns settings for wifi's with open connections keep going back to manual: Whenever i try to go to a coffee shop or anywhere with open wifi connections the internet is always hard to connect to because the dns settings keep going back to manual even though I've tried to permanently make it auto. I end up connecting but it says connected but no...
  3. dns settings for wifi's with open connections keep going back to manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns settings for wifi's with open connections keep going back to manual: Whenever i try to go to a coffee shop or anywhere with open wifi connections the internet is always hard to connect to because the dns settings keep going back to manual even though I've tried to permanently make it auto. I end up connecting but it says connected but no...
  4. why on a gateway computer when you go to click on your Wifi device it says cannot connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why on a gateway computer when you go to click on your Wifi device it says cannot connect...: why on a gateway computer when you go to click on your Wifi device it says cannot connect to this network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-on-a-gateway-computer-when-you-go-to-click-on/2e59fa8e-ec47-4b7f-bf77-17a93acadb59
  5. why on a gateway computer when you go to click on your Wifi device it says cannot connect...

why on a gateway computer when you go to click on your Wifi device it says cannot connect...: why on a gateway computer when you go to click on your Wifi device it says cannot connect to this network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-on-a-gateway-computer-when-you-go-to-click-on/2e59fa8e-ec47-4b7f-bf77-17a93acadb59
  6. Where did my wifi option go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my wifi option go?: Its forcing me to use ethernet I've Uninstalled the driver, don't even have the wifi driver, can't undo the updates as it requires wifi idk what to do I tried to call but it ended up being a scammer telling me to get a gift card for an activation key...
  7. Where did my wifi option go?

Where did my wifi option go?: Its forcing me to use ethernet I've Uninstalled the driver, don't even have the wifi driver, can't undo the updates as it requires wifi idk what to do I tried to call but it ended up being a scammer telling me to get a gift card for an activation key...
  8. My Wifi adaptor keep going off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi adaptor keep going off.: \VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00748086&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A3 had a problem starting.i check wifi adaptor log and this keep happening when my wifi button gone, any suggestion??...
  9. My Wifi adaptor keep going off.

My Wifi adaptor keep going off.: \VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00748086&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A3 had a problem starting.i check wifi adaptor log and this keep happening when my wifi button gone, any suggestion??...
  10. Wifi keeps going down along with bluetooth

Wifi keeps going down along with bluetooth: I tried really everything from previous simillar posts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-going-down-along-with-bluetooth/2f8fbc0b-7b95-4102-a6e1-1d00243d0b09