Windows 10: wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2

Discus and support wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; never had this problem on windows 10 1909... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yuvraj Yuvraj, Jan 23, 2023.

1. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2

never had this problem on windows 10 1909

:)

Yuvraj Yuvraj, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Machtyn Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, Jan 23, 2023
  3. automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 23, 2023
  4. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2 96791d1485970794t-wifi-turns-off-automatically-when-device-connected-my-hotspot-capture.png

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2 96792d1485970794t-wifi-turns-off-automatically-when-device-connected-my-hotspot-capture2.png

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2 96794d1485970794t-wifi-turns-off-automatically-when-device-connected-my-hotspot-c3.png

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2

1. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - wifi connects automatically

2. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 22H2: Hi peoples - please - how can one convince Win10 to permanently achieve the subject requirement?I refer to Win10 22H2 - fully updated...... thank you....
  3. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 22H2: Hi peoples - please - how can one convince Win10 to permanently achieve the subject requirement?I refer to Win10 22H2 - fully updated...... thank you....
  4. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 22H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2: never had this problem on windows 10 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connects-automatically-on-start-up-windows-10/cbfeee14-d473-4f26-aa17-c64c5aded730
  6. wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi connects automatically on start up, windows 10 20H2: never had this problem on windows 10 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connects-automatically-on-start-up-windows-10/cbfeee14-d473-4f26-aa17-c64c5aded730
  7. WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update: Since the last update W10 will not connect to WiFi automatically. Have to manually connect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-connecting-automatically-on-start-up/ebb556ec-f29b-4336-8b23-6889ebca6979
  8. Windows 10 20H2 is slow starting up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 20H2 is slow starting up: Hello,I run Windows 10 20H2 but find that it is very slow starting up,I checked misconfg and untick any thing that I did not need starting up But still find that I still have the issue.Thanks...
  9. Wifi Connection Problem in Windows 10 Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Connection Problem in Windows 10 Version 20H2: [ATTACH] I am using Windows 10 Version 20H2 on my PC. When I attempt to connect to a Wi-Fi Network - It wasn't connecting and shows error as in the image below. First, I just reinstalled my PC using Windows 10 Version 2004 Image file as a Problem occurred and the Whole...
  10. Automatic wifi connection at boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic wifi connection at boot up: When can we expect a patch for auto connect at boot up. It worked fine for years, until a major update to release 10 a few months ago. A 10 step internal code procedure is not a satisfactory response....