Windows 10: WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

Discus and support WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The WiFi adapter Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN on my Dell Latitude E6430 Windows 10 64-bit refuses to stay on. I click the Network icon in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PITmanStats, Oct 8, 2020.

1. WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

The WiFi adapter Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN on my Dell Latitude E6430 Windows 10 64-bit refuses to stay on. I click the Network icon in my taskbar, my Wi-Fi says "turned off," so I click the button to turn it on, and a few seconds later, it automatically turns off again. It behaves the same whether I'm wireless or connected via ethernet. I've done everything possible that I've found on countless message boards, support forums, reddit, etc., but it will NOT turn on.

1. The Networking troubleshooter tries to turn on WiFi, but fails.
    2. Uninstalled drivers, then rebooted, and drivers are automatically reinstalled. But it still doesn't work.
    3. Cannot find any drivers online to manually install after uninstalling. The Dell support website - and several Dell/Intel driver utilities I've installed - can find no compatible drivers.
    4. I cannot revert to a previous version of the driver it's always grayed out. I also cannot find the Setup file for my driver, so I cannot run it in Compatibility Mode it only lists 2 .sys, 1 .dat, and 1 .dll.
    5. I've tried disabling the Power option the most common recommendation to no avail. Device Manager > Network Adapter > Wifi Adapter properties > Power Management > Uncheck the box labeled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" > Reboot
    6. Checked BIOS and verified that the setting to automatically disable WiFi when on Ethernet is disabled. but my issue happens when not hard-wired, too
    7. Ran these commands in PowerShell:
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled I have since set this back to "normal"
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

I don't know what else to do, and I am getting REALLY frustrated. Any help is appreciated!

:)

PITmanStats, Oct 8, 2020

2. Wifi adapter turned off

Thanks Mr. Andre Da Costa

1. Hosted network supported: yes
    2. Antivirus uninstalled
    3. Turn on mobile hotspot : can not be turned on while the wifi adapter is off
    4. uninstall all virtual adapters: Done
    5. HostedNetworkSettings key deleted
    6. updating both your Network adapter drivers or uninstall them. : Done
    7. Starting hotspot from command prompt does not work while the wifi adapter is off
    8. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter: not found. windows can not make virtual adapter while wifi adapter is off

The main problem is that the wifi adapter is off and if I turned it on it went off again immediately

I tried an external wifi USB adapter and it has the same problem, even if it is on it can not start a hotspot.

What must I do

EssamSaied1, Oct 8, 2020
  3. salcas Win User
    Wifi Keeps Turning Off

Guys, all of a sudden for the past week, my wifi keeps turning off everytime I connect to a wireless network. I've tried numerous things to fix such as disabling the power off option for the adapter and doing a system restore to last month when I remember it working. I even went as far as replacing the adapter but the problem still persists. I use Avast Internet security and disabling it didn't help either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I'm at a loss.

ASUS U47A
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 (v18.40) - installed yesterday
    Windows 10 Pro

salcas, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Zontir Win User

WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

1. WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off - Similar Threads - WiFi Adapter Keeps

2. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  3. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  4. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi keeps turning off

WiFi keeps turning off: Dear Microsoft Support team,Hello my name is Christian, I encountered a problem today. So around 4 days ago i asked question why BSOD suddenly appears on my computer, Some of the support team said that it is caused by the "Wifi Driver, it is the driver problem, Do not use...
  6. Wifi keeps turning off

Wifi keeps turning off: My wifi will randomly turn off. Especially if I switch wifi sources (from home internet to wifi) and then it will act like it can't find any internet. It keeps thinking my ethernet port is the issue. About 70% of the time, I have to restart for it to work. Sometimes more than...
  7. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  8. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device. I...
  9. Wifi Keeps Turning Off

Wifi Keeps Turning Off: Guys, all of a sudden for the past week, my wifi keeps turning off everytime I connect to a wireless network. I've tried numerous things to fix such as disabling the power off option for the adapter and doing a system restore to last month when I remember it working. I even...
  10. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594