Windows 10: widows 11 will not search by date taken

Discus and support widows 11 will not search by date taken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There is no calendar in windows 11 to do easy searching when I tried to search by date take I ended up getting only 2 files instead of all the files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimothyReidy1, Sep 22, 2024 at 6:47 PM.

1. widows 11 will not search by date taken

There is no calendar in windows 11 to do easy searching when I tried to search by date take I ended up getting only 2 files instead of all the files, which would have solved my issue.

:)

TimothyReidy1, Sep 22, 2024 at 6:47 PM
  2. KeithM Win User

Search for JPGs with Date Taken between 1998 and 2002?

Yes.
    Assuming your default PIctures folder & subfolders as the source, and the default Libraries still in place you have several options,

1. For a qucik look, you could open your Pictures Library, right-click in the background & select Arrange by > Month. You'll be presented with one stack for each month:

widows 11 will not search by date taken 343519d1628987812t-search-jpgs-date-taken-between-1998-2002-a-screenshot-1056-.png

2. Or you can use the complete seardh text in a folder or lLibrariyextension:jpg datetaken:<1/1/2003 DateTaken:>12/31/1997

Bonus Tip: Search for files with no Date Taken:

DateTaken:[]

3. dalchina Win User
    Search for JPGs with Date Taken between 1998 and 2002?

Hi, absolutely, assuming you have search indexing working and appropriately configured.

Example:

widows 11 will not search by date taken 343469d1628963124t-search-jpgs-date-taken-between-1998-2002-a-1.jpg

- on my PC just now.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...s-aqsreference

There is no up to date and complete listing of search syntax, although there is partial support of it using drop-downs from file explorer's ribbon.

Learning Windows Search: Stop Hunting and Start Finding!

Note that this finds all image files in folders and subfolders below the point at which file explorer is open- not just those in a single folder.

4. widows 11 will not search by date taken

Jpg Date Taken Not Shown

Gm, I got as far as "modify" on your list but my modify button was ghosted.

Here's another thing I noticed this morning. If I right click a jpeg, properties, then date taken is missing. But if I instead open a jpeg, go to menu, then file info, date taken is displayed (although I'm not sure the date taken is accurate).

Also on some of my photos if I right click, then properties, date taken is displayed. But on others, date taken is missing.

Thema:

widows 11 will not search by date taken

1. widows 11 will not search by date taken - Similar Threads - widows search date

2. widows 11 will not search by date taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widows 11 will not search by date taken: There is no calendar in windows 11 to do easy searching when I tried to search by date take I ended up getting only 2 files instead of all the files, which would have solved my issue....
  3. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken: HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning...
  4. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken: HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning...
  5. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

in Cortana
  6. uploading photos by date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading photos by date taken: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder in file explorer organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  7. Search for JPGs with Date Taken between 1998 and 2002?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for JPGs with Date Taken between 1998 and 2002?: Is this possible in Windows? 183841
  8. Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry

in Cortana
    Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry: So, I know that I can do a windows search for a specific date taken when searching through my photos. But, I would like to search for all of the photos which do not have a date taken entry in its properties. Is there a way to do that? If so, Which syntax would I use in the...
  9. Jpg Date Taken Not Shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jpg Date Taken Not Shown: Hello if I right click on a photo, select properties, details, then under origin the date taken field does not show a date. Any fix ? Thanks in advance ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-date-taken-not-shown/660389de-bef5-4ae1-afcb-f65569c800bd"
  10. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8