Windows 10: Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading

Discus and support Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I noticed that the fans on my computer seemed to be working a lot more than usual. After checking cpu-usage, Windows widgets as eating 25% of my cpu. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Martin79, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Martin79 Win User

Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading

I noticed that the fans on my computer seemed to be working a lot more than usual. After checking cpu-usage, Windows widgets as eating 25% of my cpu. I think i have a 4-core cpu so the widgets just straight up annexed a core of my cpu. And on top of that, they aren't actually working. I've tried the typical things, toggling on and off in taskbar settings, checking that I'm logged in to my Microsoft account, I have Edge as the only browser. What else can I do?Toggling widgets off in taskbar only hides the button and doesn't deactivate widgets, can I deactivate widgets somehow?

:)

Martin79, Feb 13, 2022
  2. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Feb 13, 2022
  3. d4005 Win User
    Weird floating Youtube widget, how to stop it?

Thanks for the suggestion, I had checked that. This is Windows doing this. I don't think a chrome extension could know the CPU usage, and it's definitely (proven now) that it was only happening during > 95% cpu usage. It was like Windows was thinking "I can't guarantee I can reliably render these youtube videos while the CPU is being slammed so much". It's an admirable thing that it cares about my entertainment experience, but I'd rather it limited the CPU hog task(s) to help me, rather than randomly pausing the video instead and offering me a control widget.

d4005, Feb 13, 2022
  4. Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading

"System and compressed memory" eating my cpu and ram !

Hello everybody

I have Asus G75vx and win10 . I noticed that "System and compressed memory" is eating my cpu and ram. i searched in the forum with the similar subject and some of them suggested to disable hibernation . nut for me is always disable and i never use hibernation.

is there any solution for this disaster problem ?

thank you

MahdiMohammadnezhad, Feb 13, 2022
Thema:

Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading

1. Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading - Similar Threads - Widgets eating bunch

2. Windows widgets not loading new widgets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows widgets not loading new widgets.: Windows widgets is present on my Windows 11 taskbar and is updating the 2 widgets that have been installed months ago. However, when I click on the + button to install new widgets, the circle just keeps spinning without showing any new widgets. I have tried all the steps...
  3. Windows widgets not loading new widgets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows widgets not loading new widgets.: Windows widgets is present on my Windows 11 taskbar and is updating the 2 widgets that have been installed months ago. However, when I click on the + button to install new widgets, the circle just keeps spinning without showing any new widgets. I have tried all the steps...
  4. sihost.exe eating much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost.exe eating much CPU: Hello! I'm facing the following problem: sihost.exe eats some CPU.Note: This process mentioned above is a real Windows process.I have Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1766Are you also facing this issue? Please help me.I want a solution without formatting the entire OS.I just...
  5. sihost.exe eating much CPU

sihost.exe eating much CPU: Hello! I'm facing the following problem: sihost.exe eats some CPU.Note: This process mentioned above is a real Windows process.I have Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1766Are you also facing this issue? Please help me.I want a solution without formatting the entire OS....
  6. sihost.exe eating much CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sihost.exe eating much CPU: Hello! I'm facing the following problem: sihost.exe eats some CPU.Note: This process mentioned above is a real Windows process.I have Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1766Are you also facing this issue? Please help me.I want a solution without formatting the entire OS....
  7. Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading

Widgets eating a bunch of cpu and not loading: I noticed that the fans on my computer seemed to be working a lot more than usual. After checking cpu-usage, Windows widgets as eating 25% of my cpu. I think i have a 4-core cpu so the widgets just straight up annexed a core of my cpu. And on top of that, they aren't actually...
  8. Nahmic eating my cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nahmic eating my cpu: Nahmic is eating 60% of my cpu, know how to fix it? submitted by /u/User21233121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8od04/nahmic_eating_my_cpu/
  9. Defender Eating my CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Eating my CPU: Not sure if this is normal or not hadn't noticed this in the past but every time it does an auto scan or full scan it goes full load. I seen the temps go up on the CPU not in dangerous zones but mind you high enough to think its a tad crazy. Temps were at about 70c's plus...
  10. explore.exe eating my CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    explore.exe eating my CPU: Ok so my CPU is being eaten by explore.exe from like 35% to 70% Is there any fix? 11530