Windows 10: Wi-Fi option disappeared ??

Discus and support Wi-Fi option disappeared ?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this is something that keeps happening with me on my laptop (win 10). it usually happens if the laptop sleeps or if i walk out of the network's range.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zeidxd, Feb 14, 2021.

1. /u/zeidxd Win User

Wi-Fi option disappeared ??

this is something that keeps happening with me on my laptop (win 10).

it usually happens if the laptop sleeps or if i walk out of the network's range. the internet connection menu lags , and then shows up without the Wi-Fi option. to get it back, i have to restart my laptop.

why is this happening , and what should i do??

submitted by /u/zeidxd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zeidxd, Feb 14, 2021

2. Wi-Fi option disappears

Ever since I upgrade to Windows 10, my Wi-Fi is very temperamental. It sometimes appears and works with no problem. However, other times only Ethernet appears and I have no options to switch to Wi-Fi whatsoever...it disappears. The only thing that works,
    sometimes is to just restart my pc.

Any ideas?

LisaSpinnato, Feb 14, 2021
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Wi-Fi option disappeared ??

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Wi-Fi option disappeared ??

1. Wi-Fi option disappeared ?? - Similar Threads - option disappeared

2. Pin to taskbar option disappeared in Windows 11. Failing to show pinned taskbar items...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to taskbar option disappeared in Windows 11. Failing to show pinned taskbar items...: Pin to taskbar option disappeared in Windows 11. Failing to show pinned taskbar items consistently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-taskbar-option-disappeared-in-windows-11/8c8b07bb-9cb4-4c74-931e-4e229ef686e3
  3. Pin to taskbar option disappeared in Windows 11. Failing to show pinned taskbar items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to taskbar option disappeared in Windows 11. Failing to show pinned taskbar items...: Pin to taskbar option disappeared in Windows 11. Failing to show pinned taskbar items consistently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-taskbar-option-disappeared-in-windows-11/8c8b07bb-9cb4-4c74-931e-4e229ef686e3
  4. my "pin to taskbar" option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my "pin to taskbar" option has disappeared: Both w10 & w11 computers.My "pin to taskbar" option has disappeared except if I open a file and rt click on the taskbar icon.I have tried registry and group edit solutions, but all the "fixes" are already implemented.How do I get the rt click option back?...
  5. my "pin to taskbar" option has disappeared

my "pin to taskbar" option has disappeared: Both w10 & w11 computers.My "pin to taskbar" option has disappeared except if I open a file and rt click on the taskbar icon.I have tried registry and group edit solutions, but all the "fixes" are already implemented.How do I get the rt click option back?...
  6. Hibernate not working. Hibernate option disappears / won't stay hibernated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate not working. Hibernate option disappears / won't stay hibernated.: My computer will not stay hibernated. Further, the hibernate option continues to disappear from the power menu. I repeatedly add it by using the cmd / Run as Administrator, and typing in powercfg/hibernate on. Then I hibernate my computer. However, when I come back to it, the...
  7. Hibernate not working. Hibernate option disappears / won't stay hibernated.

Hibernate not working. Hibernate option disappears / won't stay hibernated.: My computer will not stay hibernated. Further, the hibernate option continues to disappear from the power menu. I repeatedly add it by using the cmd / Run as Administrator, and typing in powercfg/hibernate on. Then I hibernate my computer. However, when I come back to it, the...
  8. Hibernate not working. Hibernate option disappears / won't stay hibernated.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. WiFi option completely disappeared in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi option completely disappeared in Windows 11: Hi, Last week suddenly faced this issue of no internet, found out there is no WiFi option in my device. I tried out a few things since then after reading some stuff from experts forums. 1. Tried troubleshooting in recovery mode and uninstalling updates, rebooted the system....
  10. WiFi option completely disappeared in Windows 11

WiFi option completely disappeared in Windows 11: Hi, Last week suddenly faced this issue of no internet, found out there is no WiFi option in my device. I tried out a few things since then after reading some stuff from experts forums. 1. Tried troubleshooting in recovery mode and uninstalling updates, rebooted the system....