Windows 10: Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

Discus and support Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Papi_65, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Papi_65 Win User

Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same Wi-Fi signal/router are ok. On waking from sleep, the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar will show a connection, but webpages throw error messages using Brave, these are variously 'err_network changed', or 'err_timed out'. Edge does not connect either, so it's not looking like a browser problem. Outlook messages will not loa

:)

Papi_65, Feb 23, 2024
  2. JLominac Win User

Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before it went into sleep mode. How can the automatic connection be stopped?

JLominac, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Wi-Fi looses internet connection after waking up from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I apologize for the delay in response. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device), try to wake up the computer from sleep mode and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: As you are losing the internet connection after waking up from sleep mode, I suggest you to boot the computer to safe mode, try to wakeup the computer from sleep mode in Safe mode with networking and check if there is any issue with
    internet connection.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep - Similar Threads - connectivity problem wakes

2. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  3. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  4. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  5. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Connection problem: The problem is when I connect to my wi-fi network with my pc the whole network lag and every device be laggyAnd if I disconnect, the network just works normally and other devices work on the internet well but if I tried to connect the network lags again,So please help me and...
  6. Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.: Almost every time I've gone to wake my computer up from sleep, my wifi has disconnected and there is an empty globe icon. After logging back in, I have to manually click it and connect to my network again. I've tried some things I've seen online Power Management, Performance...
  7. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  8. Wi-Fi connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connection problem: Every time my WiFi disconnects after 10-20 mins and when I run the troubleshooter the problem gets fixed and again after sometime wifi disconnects, and it continues. I need a proper solution, please help me.(I am using Windows 10 version 1909)[IMG]...
  9. Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.

Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.: Hi all, got a bit of an annoying issue I'd like help troubleshooting. Updated my old laptop from 7 pro to 10 pro (x64). All went pretty smooth. However my wi-fi is being a bit temperamental. After boot up, reboot or resume from sleep the wi-fi does not automatically...
  10. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.: This problem doesn't happen at all times. But sometimes, when my HP Desktop goes into sleep mode and when I go to wake it up, it has a hard time connecting to my Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, it won't connect at all. I had to run the network troubleshooter today and it...