Windows 10: Why won't Xbox app game launch?

Discus and support Why won't Xbox app game launch? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by USaySkin, Dec 10, 2022.

1. USaySkin Win User

Why won't Xbox app game launch?

I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to date. What is going on?

:)

USaySkin, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Dec 10, 2022
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 10, 2022
  4. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

Get Windows 10 App won´t launch

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. Finally after a lot of manual updates, my Get Windows 10 app is showing in the taskbar.

However, now when I left click it, right click Get Windows 10, right click Check your Update status, the app launches and immediately closes down again.

The options Go to Windows Update and Get to know Windows 10 do work.

Just the app won´t launch. Anyone ideas?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

JorisKurstjens, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

Why won't Xbox app game launch?

1. Why won't Xbox app game launch? - Similar Threads - Why won't Xbox

2. Why won't my Xbox app for Pc not launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my Xbox app for Pc not launch?: My xbox app won't launch and just says "Launching the xbox app" the whole time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that don't work. I've tried using the repair tool for pc and that didn't work either. HELP...
  3. Why won't my Xbox app for Pc not launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox app for Pc not launch?: My xbox app won't launch and just says "Launching the xbox app" the whole time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that don't work. I've tried using the repair tool for pc and that didn't work either. HELP...
  4. The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games: Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows 11. After a few months, I realized my Xbox app won't launch. When I open the app, it gets stuck on the screen saying “Launching the Xbox App.” I know that the app is updated because this background is new. I have tried both repairing...
  5. The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games: Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows 11. After a few months, I realized my Xbox app won't launch. When I open the app, it gets stuck on the screen saying “Launching the Xbox App.” I know that the app is updated because this background is new. I have tried both repairing...
  6. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  7. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  8. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  9. Xbox Game Bar won't launch

Xbox Game Bar won't launch: For the last couple weeks my xbox game bar hasn't been launching, I even had a 90 min call with Microsoft support and we couldn't fix it in that time and all I can do is use my case number and hope that we can pick up where I left off last call. But is there a way to do it...
  10. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu: When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page: [ATTACH] I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:...