Windows 10: Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

Discus and support Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying for a few hours to troubleshoot and research how to fix this issue, but I have had no positive results. I have other usb inputs for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert Shumway, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

I have been trying for a few hours to troubleshoot and research how to fix this issue, but I have had no positive results. I have other usb inputs for my keyboard and mouse, which those work fine but when I try to plug in my phone usb cable it does not get detected.

:)

Robert Shumway, Jul 25, 2024

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 25, 2024
  3. jleond Win User
    E71 memory card not detected by pc suite via usb cable

After updating pc suite to v7.1.30.9, when I connect the phone via usb cable only the phone memory is detected by the nokia phone browser, if I connect it by bluetooth the browser detects phone and sd card memory. The other issue with this update is that
    the map loader does not detect the phone with usb cable but with BT it does OK.

Any suggestions?

TIA

jleond, Jul 25, 2024
  4. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

Phone not charging, not being detected...

If you phone isnt detected, it may be cable problem. Use correct data cable supplied by nokia. There are USB cables that look same that work with Asha or other phones but wont work with Lumia.

Try charging your phone with another charger.

If that doesnt help, I suggest seeking professional help from Nokia Care.

Creaturebot, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

1. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable? - Similar Threads - Why wont laptop

2. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?: I have been trying for a few hours to troubleshoot and research how to fix this issue, but I have had no positive results. I have other usb inputs for my keyboard and mouse, which those work fine but when I try to plug in my phone usb cable it does not get detected....
  3. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?: I have been trying for a few hours to troubleshoot and research how to fix this issue, but I have had no positive results. I have other usb inputs for my keyboard and mouse, which those work fine but when I try to plug in my phone usb cable it does not get detected....
  4. Why wont my laptop detect my external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my laptop detect my external monitor?: I repasted my cpu and gpu on my laptop due to overheating issues, I made sure everything was put back together correctly and nothing was unplugged besides the battery. Now my laptop won't recognize my external monitor but the gpu is working just fine. Could this be something...
  5. Why wont my laptop detect my external monitor?

Why wont my laptop detect my external monitor?: I repasted my cpu and gpu on my laptop due to overheating issues, I made sure everything was put back together correctly and nothing was unplugged besides the battery. Now my laptop won't recognize my external monitor but the gpu is working just fine. Could this be something...
  6. USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop

USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop: Before describing in details my tests and other notices i want to say that everything worked fine until today morning. Im running Windows 10.So as i said in title, plugging my cable usb-c to usb-c into the usb-c thunderbolt slot and my phone results in my phone attempting to...
  7. USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop: Before describing in details my tests and other notices i want to say that everything worked fine until today morning. Im running Windows 10.So as i said in title, plugging my cable usb-c to usb-c into the usb-c thunderbolt slot and my phone results in my phone attempting to...
  8. USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable: ok so, last week i pull some files from my cp to my laptop and it works, so now idk why it doesnt work, when i tried to connect my cp to my laptop, theres no notification in cp and laptop, like "your device is ready for setup" nothing. OFC 'USB debugging' and 'devloper...
  10. Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable

Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable: ok so, last week i pull some files from my cp to my laptop and it works, so now idk why it doesnt work, when i tried to connect my cp to my laptop, theres no notification in cp and laptop, like "your device is ready for setup" nothing. OFC 'USB debugging' and 'devloper...