Windows 10: Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?

Discus and support Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So up until a couple days ago, my "network & internew settings" where it shows all available wifi and internet options, including ethernet always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Erin Weinhold, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?

So up until a couple days ago, my "network & internew settings" where it shows all available wifi and internet options, including ethernet always showed me my Ethernet connection. It showed it whether or not it was connected to the internet. For whatever reason it now flashes the option faster then I can read the name for it. But after a few times of it flashing, I could tell it was my ethernet option. I cant click on it and my pc will not connect to it because it doesnt stay connected. I thought maybe it was my ethernet cable so I tested out another one that had never been used and it w

:)

Erin Weinhold, Jul 22, 2024

2. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Jul 23, 2024
  3. wifi wont auto connect when ethernet is connected

WIFI wont auto connect when ethernet is connected.

Checked the internet services

Reinstall the wifi driver

Changed the adapter properties < Disable all Power management options.

Diksha Verma (CS), Jul 23, 2024
  4. EdTittel Win User

Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?

1. Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options? - Similar Threads - Why wont ethernet

2. Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?: So up until a couple days ago, my "network & internew settings" where it shows all available wifi and internet options, including ethernet always showed me my Ethernet connection. It showed it whether or not it was connected to the internet. For whatever reason it now flashes...
  3. Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my ethernet connection show in connection options?: So up until a couple days ago, my "network & internew settings" where it shows all available wifi and internet options, including ethernet always showed me my Ethernet connection. It showed it whether or not it was connected to the internet. For whatever reason it now flashes...
  4. my pc wont connect to the ethernet cable

my pc wont connect to the ethernet cable: so i got a new ethernet/lan cable but i dont know why it connects randomly and if i turn off or reset my pc it wont connect to the ethernet cable rather say unable to find ip address...
  5. my pc wont connect to the ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc wont connect to the ethernet cable: so i got a new ethernet/lan cable but i dont know why it connects randomly and if i turn off or reset my pc it wont connect to the ethernet cable rather say unable to find ip address...
  6. Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?: Earlier i was playing a game on my PC and out of nowhere my ethernet stopped working. Connected to wifi and that worked for a little bit and then same thing happened. Keep in mind i was hardwired from my router to my PC when that happened. Only thing that seems to work is...
  7. Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?

Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?: Earlier i was playing a game on my PC and out of nowhere my ethernet stopped working. Connected to wifi and that worked for a little bit and then same thing happened. Keep in mind i was hardwired from my router to my PC when that happened. Only thing that seems to work is...
  8. Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...: I f my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with mynetwork connections? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-pc-is-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable/bc8a491d-71e4-41a7-b177-49a47718311f
  10. Ethernet showing but not connected.

Ethernet showing but not connected.: I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.[IMG]...