Windows 10: Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

Discus and support Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc wont stay connected to my internet. Every time I've tried to troubleshoot or test the network it's completely fine and say it's working perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Samuel T5, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Samuel T5 Win User

Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

My pc wont stay connected to my internet. Every time I've tried to troubleshoot or test the network it's completely fine and say it's working perfectly but the longer the computer stays on the more it continues to lose connection until it says it can't connect to website servers anymore or crashes any apps I have open that use wi-fi. I've been struggling all day to figure out what is wrong but the only thing I know is it's not my internet at fault, any suggestions?

:)

Samuel T5, Apr 26, 2024
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet? 97987d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-.png
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet? 98003d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-b.png

topgundcp, Apr 26, 2024
  3. Can't stay connected to the internet

Hi Jeremy, thank you for this suggestion!

I have followed the steps you listed, and there hasn't been a change in the internet connectivity problem. However, I did notice after entering "ipconfig /release" there was a section that popped up, that said

"No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 1 while it has its media disconnected.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 2 while it has its media disconnected"

perhaps this is an indication of the problem, or let me know if there's any other information I could look for that could help.

Necromancing, Apr 26, 2024
  4. Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

internet not connecting

Hi,

I recently reformatted a computer and when I tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. The computer is an IBM and I have loaded Windows XP.

All the settings are the same with internet connections as the settings in my other computers in the house but it still wont connect.

Using cable and on ADSL.

Thank you.

Kymberly_S, Apr 26, 2024
Thema:

Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

1. Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet? - Similar Threads - Why wont computer

2. My pc wont stay connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont stay connected to the internet.: Im not a very techy person and i need help. My pc wifi keeps disconeccting every 10 minutes or so and I know its not the router cause even when I switch to a diffrent router still does it and it started happening about 3 days ago after i installed the Windows 11 2024 Update l...
  3. My pc wont stay connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc wont stay connected to the internet.: Im not a very techy person and i need help. My pc wifi keeps disconeccting every 10 minutes or so and I know its not the router cause even when I switch to a diffrent router still does it and it started happening about 3 days ago after i installed the Windows 11 2024 Update l...
  4. Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?: Earlier i was playing a game on my PC and out of nowhere my ethernet stopped working. Connected to wifi and that worked for a little bit and then same thing happened. Keep in mind i was hardwired from my router to my PC when that happened. Only thing that seems to work is...
  5. Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?

Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?: Earlier i was playing a game on my PC and out of nowhere my ethernet stopped working. Connected to wifi and that worked for a little bit and then same thing happened. Keep in mind i was hardwired from my router to my PC when that happened. Only thing that seems to work is...
  6. Why wont my PC connect to internet or ethernet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?: My pc wont stay connected to my internet. Every time I've tried to troubleshoot or test the network it's completely fine and say it's working perfectly but the longer the computer stays on the more it continues to lose connection until it says it can't connect to website...
  8. Wifi wont stay connected and lags my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi wont stay connected and lags my computer: Although this has been happening for a while now, I can remember a time when this problem wasn't on my computer. My computer lags, no matter what I'm doing, and the wi-fi goes to 'No internet, Secured' right after. I've tried many solutions to fix it, but none of them seems...
  9. Computer will not stay connected to the internet

Computer will not stay connected to the internet: After connecting to the NBN I cannot get my computer to stay connected to the internet. It drops out after about 15 or so minutes. When I run the trouble shooter it quickly reconnects but I would like a stable connection. I have tried the online help but after 2 different...
  10. Why wont my computer connect to the internet?

Why wont my computer connect to the internet?: So my main connection doesnt work and this is what I get every single time I try to connect to something on my computer's main internet: As soon as I type in the password the cancel button goes grey and no other text than the name of the connection shows up. I have a NetGear...