Windows 10: Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

Discus and support Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ashley Legarde, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and everything else that google suggested. Should I just reset my computer? I don’t know what else to do because nothing has worked. Please offer me advice!

:)

Ashley Legarde, Apr 5, 2023

2. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Apr 5, 2023
  4. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

1. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account? - Similar Threads - Why won’t Microsoft

2. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  3. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  4. Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation: It keeps saying that I successfully logged in, but when I get on Minecraft on still not logged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-log-into-my-microsoft-account/28874891-5d22-41ad-b225-327a2206ab86
  5. Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation

Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation: It keeps saying that I successfully logged in, but when I get on Minecraft on still not logged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-log-into-my-microsoft-account/28874891-5d22-41ad-b225-327a2206ab86
  6. My laptop won’t let me sign in

My laptop won’t let me sign in: My laptop won’t let me sign in. I’ve tried changing my password but that also doesn’t work because when I enter my new password it tells me that I don’t have an internet connection even though i have a WiFi an Ethernet connection. When I try to put in my old password it tells...
  7. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  8. My computer won’t let me sign in

My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  9. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  10. My laptop won’t let me sign in!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop won’t let me sign in!: I have a microsoft laptop that I dont use much anymore. Recently I attempted to sign in with the password I have always used and it wont sign in. I went to the link provided to change the password and I did change it successfully. The computer still will not sign in. At this...