Windows 10: Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?

Discus and support Why when I search something it goes to yahoo? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My deafult search engine is chrome and always has been. Today I went to search something and instead of going to google, it went to yahoo. I then went... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Andrei Toader, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?

My deafult search engine is chrome and always has been. Today I went to search something and instead of going to google, it went to yahoo. I then went into my account settings and reset all my settings back to deafult hoping to get back to normal. It didn't help though, because still when I search something it goes through to yahoo and I checked and it still says that my deafult search engine is chrome. Can someone help me?

:)

Andrei Toader, Jun 3, 2024

2. Yahoo has hijackd my search

You are comparing Yahoo Search to the IE browser. Apples and oranges. See if this is what you are looking for.

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/us-yhs4-search-yahoo-com-removal/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Jun 3, 2024
  3. Yahoo search engine

Hi

This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the conventional ways but the program doesn't appear in the program list, nor does it appear when I do a search on the computer (via the bottom left hand panel). Any suggestions?

roymathers, Jun 3, 2024
  4. Billy Med Win User

Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?

yahoo messaging setup

Hi Kieth,

Regarding the issue that you had with making email replies on your Yahoo, have you tried performing a uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall the Yahoo Mail app.
    • Perform a soft reset by Pressing the Power and Volume down button simultaneously for 15 seconds.
    • Once the phone vibrates, release your hold and wait for the phone to finish rebooting.
    • Reinstall Yahoo Mail from the store.

Let us know if the issue persists after following the steps above.

Billy Med, Jun 3, 2024
Thema:

Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?

1. Why when I search something it goes to yahoo? - Similar Threads - Why search something

2. Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?: My deafult search engine is chrome and always has been. Today I went to search something and instead of going to google, it went to yahoo. I then went into my account settings and reset all my settings back to deafult hoping to get back to normal. It didn't help though,...
  3. Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why when I search something it goes to yahoo?: My deafult search engine is chrome and always has been. Today I went to search something and instead of going to google, it went to yahoo. I then went into my account settings and reset all my settings back to deafult hoping to get back to normal. It didn't help though,...
  4. Remove Yahoo Search

in Cortana
    Remove Yahoo Search: I am experiencing a sort of hijacking of search engines by Yahoo. When I search for something Yahoo jumps in there someway and the results of the search are not even a close category. Yahoo does it more blatantly with Chrome. Do you know of a way Yahoo can be block or...
  5. yahoo search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    yahoo search engine: For some reason, when i open Google Chrome, it shows yahoo search engine, even though I don't have yahoo installed on my computer. I would like to know how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-search-engine/0f07dd0d-d659-40ee-8539-f5e38a9a3dbc
  6. 80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?: On the other occasion, it will even open a random site related to it. For example, I was doing some research on a famous geologist named Charles Lyell, when I clicked to the Wikipedia website it opened a Wallmart page for a painting of him. Help please. submitted by...
  7. Help something called "search powered by yahoo!" is on my HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help something called "search powered by yahoo!" is on my HP laptop.: I dont know how it got there, I didn't download it but I think it has something to do with me downloading a mod for Minecraft please help me as soon as you can I really want to get rid of it....
  8. removing yahoo search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing yahoo search: When i search using chrome the results keep coming up in yahoo, how do i reset so i only search using chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/removing-yahoo-search/29ab7270-859a-4ce1-9fcd-a9f1e6667207
  9. When i try to search something,it gives me something different

in Windows 10 Support
    When i try to search something,it gives me something different: when i try to search for something, example "when",i will get Shampoo for Dandruff and all the stuff which i dint serch for.i really dont know what is going on, help me. 129245
  10. Yahoo search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo search engine: Hi This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the...